BMC - Can we Broadcast Private Reports to external users(non YF users) in YF 7.1

Bharath Kumar shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

I am trying to Broadcast Private reports to some external users. The Broadcast status shows success, however the email is not getting delivered. This is in 7.1 build

When I repeat the same in 7.3 build, private reports are successfully sent to email destinations.

I have checked the permissions and we do have Multicast Reports and Multicast Access Filter Reports permissions enabled in both 7.1 and 7.3.

Can you please confirm if Broadcasting/Sharing Private reports to non YF users/External email addresses is supported in 7.1 build.

Regards,

Bharath

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Bharath,

Please note that 7.1 is no longer supported however as you have mentioned this has been fixed in the later releases, and there are no plans to add a patch specific to the 7.1 version. Have you considered upgrading your 7.1 version to a later release?

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the response and I understand that this issue is fixed 7.3. I have both 7.1 and 7.3 and it works on 7.3.

Can you let me know what files are responsible for Broadcasting, I will try to replace them from 7.3 machine? I will have the backup of existing one though..

-Bharath

photo

HI Bharath,

Unfortunately it is not that simple and this would just not work as there are numerous differences between the versions. Is there any reason the client cannot upgrade to 7.3?

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

We have dependency on other applications, at this point there are no plans to upgrade.

If possible to will try to replace the files from 7.3 to 7.1 if you let me know which files are responsible for broadcasting.

Regards,

Bharath

photo

Hi Bharath,

Unfortunately this will just not work. There are so many dependencies throughout the libraries and signature calls within the code functions and simply replacing the appropriate file associated with broadcast will in fact break a lot of other areas within YF and in fact will most likely cause YF to longer even start.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Bharath,

I have not heard anything back from in regards to this so just seeing how it is going. If you could get back to me and let me know if you need further help or whether this has answered your query, that would be great.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Thanks Paul, you can close this..

photo

Thank you Bharath,

I am closing this off for now.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file