Report Builder - Related Reports search box: partial covered. Advanced link not working

Christopher West shared this problem 7 years ago
Resolved

When using Report Builder, on the Related Reports screen, the Search Box in partially covered. Once text is searched on, the Advanced link is not usable. Cannot click on it. The area looks mashed a bit, like it isn't formatted correctly for the page. Need this fixed, please.

This occurs in all three main browsers (IE 11, Chrome 57, and Firefox 52

See attached images.

Version 7.2 (Code version 20170221)

Best Answer
photo

Nathan,

I tracked down the cause of the issue. Custom CSS file. Updated it and the issue was resolved.

Thanks for the quick attention, apologies it was our own root cause.

Lesson learned - always update your custom CSS files.

Regards,

Chris

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Christopher,

I will look into this, but a quick question for you:

Does zooming in/out (cntrl-scroll) affect this display at all?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

All my browsers are set to 100%.  Zooming in or out did not make a difference.

Regards,

Chris

Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 10:40 AM

To: West, Christopher J. (LNG-CSP)

Subject: New Comment in "Report Builder - Related Reports search box: partial covered. Advanced link not working"

photo

Hi Chris,

In my tests on 7.2 20170221, this functionality consistently performed as expected, and I was not able to replicate the error you are noticing.

• Did this only begin occur after updating?
  • Does this occur on all reports?
  • Did you notice any errors while applying the update patch?
  • Are there any errors in the Javascript console? (right click inspect, then navigate tot he console tab)
  • If you try this from a different computer do you notice this (perhaps this is related to your display settings?)

Hopefully one of these questions will help narrow down the cause of this.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

• Did this only begin occur after updating? - No, it has been present for at least 3 patches according to the Report writers.
  • Does this occur on all reports? - Yes - all reports that have the Related Reports section.
  • Did you notice any errors while applying the update patch? No. Checked the install logs for the past 6 patches. No errors recorded. Didn't see any while watching the install either.
  • Are there any errors in the Javascript console? (right click inspect, then navigate tot he console tab) - One error: Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated. Use defaultPrevented instead.
  • If you try this from a different computer do you notice this (perhaps this is related to your display settings?) - Try one two different computers (1 laptop, one desktop). Both showed same behavior.

Regards,

Chris

photo

Nathan,

I tracked down the cause of the issue. Custom CSS file. Updated it and the issue was resolved.

Thanks for the quick attention, apologies it was our own root cause.

Lesson learned - always update your custom CSS files.

Regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

Interesting I will make a note of that, glad to hear its working again!

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file