How to show report first then chart?

Kalaiselvan shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hi Team,

When we create report in Yellowfin with charts, in output the report shows below the charts. Is it possible so report first then the charts.

I can see "table on/off" option, but that only disable the table. What i need is to show both report and chart, but the order should be table first then chart in the output.

Please advice how to achieve this.

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

I hope all is well,

Unfortunately this is not possible, as you are aware our only option is to have the table on/of, we unfortunately do not have the ability to switch the order. However I would recommend having this raised as an Idea. Let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response. I think it would be good to raise an idea.

The preference may vary depending upon the report contents and user requirements. So, It will be good if the switching options is available to change the priorities.

Can this topic changed to Idea or do i need to raise separately?

Thanks,

Kalaiselvan

photo

As a work around, use a co-display with the top report being the table and the bottom report as the chart. Turn off the table for the bottom report and leave off any chart for the top. You can quickly do this by making a copy of your current report.

photo

Hi Larry,

Thank you for the input. I was hesitant to suggest this due to the "copy" report, nevertheless, good workaround.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

I just want to touch base to see what your views are on Larry's advice?

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Larry and Mark,

Thanks for your inputs. As Mark mentioned this may be a work around for time being or one/two reports, but the issue here is if we have more no of reports then this is not going to work.

Also, if any changes i want to make in the report every time i have to modify two reports. So, i think it will be good and great if we have such option in YF report settings to change the display preference for the report by user requirements.

Please let me know if any thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

Yes, you are correct that it would be a pain to have to maintain this work around for many reports. For example, my organization prefers drill-through reports instead of drill down reports. They don't like how drill downs do not take in account the entire row and isolate based on that. In this case, I am creating two reports, so I get it. In your case, the top report can be an exact copy of the bottom report. Here's how:

First create your report and create the chart. Unfortunately, there isn't an option to not display a chart(I wish that would change), so what you need to do is create two charts. The second chart can be a dummy chart. With more than one chart created, you can edit the canvas(I wish that would change). Now that you have two charts and can edit the canvas, you will notice that it is blank and contains no charts. Don't add the chart(s), make the canvas size 800w x 10h. You can make it 0x0 but it's harder to resize it. Save this report as the main report. When you make a copy of this report your charts and data are right there, just either edit your canvas or if you only need one chart delete the dummy chart. With only one chart there is nothing left to do other than link the reports.

photo

Hi Larry,

Thanks for your comments. But i don't know why we complicate this thing by creating copy of the report, charts creation and canvas changes. I think this makes more difficult for the end user for this requirement. Instead of these many steps by the user, if we have such priority options in the report/design setting such as 'Table on/off' that will make easy to change the display preference. As i mentioned earlier if any one or two report the work around is fine, but i don't think it ease for the end user if have more no of reports.

Please let me know if any thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

I understand the need for simplicity with a simple option to change the order of report /chart, although Larry has offered a very good work around (thanks Larry), which I would highly recommend you consider until we can get some movement on this "Idea"

With this I will now go through the steps to create as an Idea. Expect an update very soon.

Regards,

Mark

photo
photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

No problem, bear with me and i'll get this raised. I'll update you come my end of day (UK time zone)

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Guys,

Sorry for jumping in here. Hopefully I understand the question, quite simply its just switching the table and chart araound.

All you have to do in the Output/Design step is click and drag the chart below the table (see attached video)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Stephen

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

I've figured that this IS actually possible, and this can be done through the Chart Settings.

Having created your report, navigate to Charts > Chart Settings > Chart Position

Within this, you will have the option of where you want to place the Chart. Select Top.

91153aed5c8efadc7f1302862bfa6101

Before

d366d6673903dbfe1bb201ee3f845a26

After

8cc9b3e4b6062bb41a537f118693c3f6

This aside, I would be very keen on how you have this option Stephen. I am running Google Chrome and this option is not available. Great Community spirit Stephen, thanks for stepping in.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Its a bit finicky at times, sometimes you just need to resize you chart for it to work.

It works in all browsers, tested with Firefox, Chrome, IE

This has been around for quite some time, since version 6 i think.

Regards,

Stephen

photo

Hi Stephen,

I can confirm I can now replicate. This is a simple click, hold and drag on the chart, this then allows you to move the chart to where you want (Top, Middle, Bottom, Right etc.).

This is another good alternative. Good work.

I'll await a response from Kalaiselvan, before I mark this Question as Answered.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Stephen and Mark,

Thank you so much! It is wonderful and it is really useful. Thanks again :-)

Sorry for the late reply, you can change as 'Answered'

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

I am pleased all is well,

Thank you for the input Stephen. I will now go ahead and mark this as Answered.

Regards,

Mark

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file