Show sub-tabs with JS API

Daniel Kumelachew shared this idea 6 years ago
Completed

You can embed dashboards with JS API, but the sub-tabs do not show. Can we please get this working?

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Daniel,

This has been logged as an enhancement request and I'll let you know once there are updates on this.

Unfortunately until then you cannot display sub-tabs via the JS API.

Regards,

David

photo

Do we have any update for the above request adding Sub tabs via the JS API.

photo

Hi Syamkumar,

No plans as yet sorry.

Regards,

David

photo
photo

Hi Daniel,

Circling back to this with some, very late but good news. With the release of our new version 9.2, the ability to show sub-tabs on embedded dashboards has been included. There has been a huge rewrite of our Dashboard architecture which not only allows for sub-tabs to be displayed, but opens up a host of other supported functions to tailor the experience to your needs. To demonstrate the basics of this feature, I start with a dashboard below with a sub-tab:

5a18472e52099280c93385a90ba0ac9a

Share with the Embed option as normal:

3f96d1adbdca551db0da617a07282bab

Copy and past this code into my html file:

aaf1d7b6fde0a7063f9a07dc917eebdc

Then I can see and interact with both sub-tabs on my embedded page:

b59fbe8bec7ff5ce66a289dcb943679c

For a full rundown on the additional parameters available, please see the following update on our wiki:

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/JS+API+to+Embed+Yellowfin+Content#JSAPItoEmbedYellowfinContent-Dashboards

If you would like to upgrade to 9.2, please confirm your current version so I can help map out the best path forward for you.

Cheers,

Neal

Leave a Comment

Attach a file