Salesforce 2000 record limit

John Glick shared this idea 5 years ago
Idea Logged

Is there anyway to get around the 2000 record limit in the salesforce connector? When I use a custom object with greater than 2000 records, I get an error in yellowfin.

Replies (8)

photo

Hi John,

Unfortunately the 2000 record limit is imposed by SalesForce and not by Yellowfin, so that means we have no control over it.

From reading the following line from the SalesForce documentation :

"You can increase the default size up to 2,000 in the QueryOptions header."

it can be seen that it is possible to set the record limit to any amount you want just so long as it is under 2000 records.

regards,

David

photo

Yes, the limit is imposed by Salesforce. However, the next record set can be fetched (using a batch Id or querymore()) until done = true.

photo

Hi John,

thanks for that, I read the documentation for querymore() and it does appear that is exactly what the method was created for.

So now I've passed this news onto the developers and am waiting on their response, will let you know what they say.

regards,

David

photo

Thanks!

photo

OK John, what I've done is to raise an enhancement request, and then convert this current Question into an Idea so that I can link it to that enhancement request. I'll let you know what the product team say about the request after they've reviewed it in the near future.

Thanks for your input!

regards,

David

photo

Great, thanks for moving that along.

photo

no worries! Also, the developers say you might try using the SalesForce connector within a Data Transformation because apparently the restriction shouldn't exist there (I couldn't test this for you because I don't have >2000 rows of anything in my account!)

regards,

David

photo

That's good to know. Thanks.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file