Chart with Timerange

Marek Ceizel shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hello together,

I'm using the yellowfin in SmartReporting from BMC. We have a requirement to show the timerange in which the ticket is running. Each Ticket has a scheduled start date/time and scheduled end date/time. It should look like this:

example

My first challenge is how to get the the time period on xaxis. For example the Xaxis should show timerange of this week.

Second changenge is, is it possible to get these blue boxes diplayed like on the picture ? so I have a start date and end date but I want to show this a filled box...

Experts, please help :(

thanks a lot

Marek

Best Answer
photo

Hi Marek,

that type of chart is called a Gantt Chart, and whilst it is not part of Yellowfin's pre-existing chart set, it still may be created in Yellowfin by using Yellowfin's powerful and flexible Javascript Charts feature.

I've just had a quick browse on the internet and saw that there are a multitude of open source javascript gantt charts out there for the picking, here is but one of the many:

https://www.npmjs.com/package/d3-gantt-chart

I hope that helps you meet your charting requirements!

regards,

David

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Marek,

that type of chart is called a Gantt Chart, and whilst it is not part of Yellowfin's pre-existing chart set, it still may be created in Yellowfin by using Yellowfin's powerful and flexible Javascript Charts feature.

I've just had a quick browse on the internet and saw that there are a multitude of open source javascript gantt charts out there for the picking, here is but one of the many:

https://www.npmjs.com/package/d3-gantt-chart

I hope that helps you meet your charting requirements!

regards,

David

photo

Big Dave, you're big ;) Thanks a lot for your reply.

It really doesn't look easy. Additionally I want to have it in SmartRepoting application from BMC.

I'll check.

photo

Hi Marek,

no worries, glad to be of help.

I'm sorry it doesn't look easy but this is the only option available if you want a Gantt chart.

Normally we don't really do a client's development work for a JS chart, however, if you give it a go and get stuck please let us know and we'll try and help you out.

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file