Can't open report link via ms office

Guest shared this problem 5 years ago
Completed

Hi,

we have a problem, with open a Report link from Office products like exel or word.

When I click on the link the authentification form Comes up. When I Login an error occured (see screenshot)

When we open the link from other Tools it works...Have you got an idea?

Replies (31)

photo

Hi Carsten,

What other tools work without issue?

Have you already logged into Yellowfin and the logged in user hasn't timed out?

how have you generated the link to this report?

Best regards,

Pete

photo

Hi,

for example Lotus Notes works with it. I have copy the link in the browser. When I open yf normally I can Login.

photo

Hi Carsten,

For clarification, is the user already logged in when the click the link?

When the link is clicked, the login page complains of an "inconsistent date"?

Understanding what is happening here is key to us finding a resolution!

Best regards,

Pete

photo

Hi Peter,

no all Browsers are closed. So when we clicked on the link the "Little" loginpage Comes up. We insert our user and Passwort and click Login. Then we got the message in the screenshot. When I do the same from Lotus Notes it works.

Is it possible that Office interpreted the special characters in the link differently?

photo

Hi Carsten,

Yes, Office interpreting special chatacters may be the cause here.

When copying the link into the office document, you may need to paste it as a "special" object

Please let us know how you get on,

Best regards,

Pete

photo

Hello,

It’s been over 14 days since you updated this ticket so we are closing it down now.

If you still have an issue that is relevant to this ticket, please respond here and the ticket will re-open.

If you have any other issues, please raise a new case.

Best regards,

Yellowfin Support

photo

Hi Peter,

I'am so sorry, many our our collueges were in Holiday....so we have so much to do...no the Problem is still there. I will test the Special character an will get back to you.

photo

Hi so I didnd't find any "special object" in excel. The only thing I find is configure "Link". But this doesn't work

photo

Hi Carsten,

No problem! I understand what it's like when things get busy!

Best regards,

Pete

photo

Hello,

It’s been over 14 days since you updated this ticket so we are closing it down now.

If you still have an issue that is relevant to this ticket, please respond here and the ticket will re-open.

If you have any other issues, please raise a new case.

Best regards,

Yellowfin Support

photo

Hi Peter,

so the Problem is still there...and I answer you. see my last entry.

photo

Hi Carsten,

Sorry about that!

the formatting on the community threw me out (it looked like I was the last commenter!)

Let me look into this further for you.

Best regards,

Pete

photo

Hi Carsten,

I am going over this ticket again and I'm trying to find out what's happening here.

Can you please share with me the link you are using for access to this report?

What kind of system are you running Yellowfin on? (Windows/Linux/AWS/Other Cloud/VM)

Is it a cluster?

Best regards,

Pete

photo

Hi Carsten,

Thanks for that, I see that the link is HTTPS.

Has Yellowfin been setup properly for HTTPS or is this a result of your DNS/load balancing?

What version and build of office are you currently using?

Best regards,

Pete

photo

Hi, yes we set up the yf on https.We have only one windows Server. No Load balancing.

photo

This is our build Version:

/B4C0NgTGtjElAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

photo

Hi Carsten,

I didn't get any info or images in the last message :)

Can you re-send?

Thanks!

Pete

photo

OK, Here an attachment ;)

photo

Hi Carsten,

Thanks for the Yellowfin information, that's helpful, would you also be able to find the patch and version infor for your office install too?

Best regards,

Pete

photo

Hi yes no Problem ;)

photo

Hello Carsten,

I have tested here on my Mac with Office 365 (16.13.1) and it behaves as expected

It might be worth checking to see if there are any upgrades for MS Office that may be available for your machine.

As this seems to work from other sources (e.g. Lotus) it would seem that Office/Excel is to blame here!

Please let me know how you get on and I will continue to attempt to replicate this from my end.

Is this report publicly accessible outside of your intranet? If it is, would it be possible for you to let me see if I can replicate on your system?

Best regards,

Pete

photo

Hi Peter,

ok, when you say it works on Office 365, then we should wait on new Versions on our side. In all other Application the link works. So I think we should Close this case.

photo

Hi Carsten,

I'm stepping in for Pete here.

I tested linking one of my reports in Excel 2017 and it worked, so I do think perhaps an upgrade is in order. Just in case this method hasn't been tried yet though, what I did was copy and pasted the link from under Share > Link in my report, added ":7474" to my localhost address. Right-clicked the cell, went Link > Recent Items > chose corresponding link. If you haven't tried this method it may be worth a shot. Though if memory serves me correctly, Excel 2013 has a different set-up regarding hyperlinks, so this method may not be applicable.

As upgrading your application seems to be the solution, and considering this works in other apps, Please let me know if you would indeed like to close this out.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

so our Client Administrator gave me an win10 Client with Office 2016. There is the same Problem. Here is my documentation what I do in our Environment. Please tell me what I do wrong there ;)

photo

Hi Carsten,

Thanks for your response. I'm going to need to try and replicate this behavior here. Can you send a screenshot of what your report looks like in the data section, including the filter setup, so I can try and replicate this?

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Carsten,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

HI,

sorry for the late answer. Here is the screenshot. But we had this Problem on all reports.

photo

Hi Carsten,

Ah, in that case, I'll let you know of my findings here testing a random report.

I opened a report and went Share > Link, copied Link. Had to append ":7474" after localhost. Pasted the link into a new tab and the report loaded:

/6nB7GtMcQaAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

I then logged out and attempted pasting it, I logged in:

/g9unbigYYoKLwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

And it worked, displaying as it does in the previous screenshot above.

I then pasted the link into Excel and clicked it. I now see this:

As such, I've been able to replicate what you're seeing and I do believe this is a defect and I've gone ahead and logged it.

As a workaround, what does seem to work, is if you copy the link from Excel, then paste it in your URL bar, it does load properly. This is the only workaround I've discovered at this time.

Any potential updates regarding this matter will be posted here.

Regards,

Mike

photo

HI Mike, that are "good" News to hear, that you have the same Problem. I will wait on a Resolution for that :)

photo

Hi Carsten,

Haha, it is indeed "good" news! I'll keep you posted!

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file