Ability to Auto-Link Fields in Analytic Setup on Dashboard

Yoav Chen shared this idea 5 years ago
Idea Logged

I'm looking for a way to auto-link identical filed names for multiple reports in a dashboard.

I recently had to link 12 reports, each with 8 filters. Linking close to a hundred fields is time consuming and prone to errors.

Also, if I was to replace the master report, all links are broken and need to be re-linked.

In other BI tools, this is usually a default behavior (identical fields are linked automatically).

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Yoav,

Thanks for your suggestion. I've gone ahead and submitted an Idea for this. Any potential updates regarding this matter will be posted here.

Regards,

Mike

photo

HIi

As a first step, i would enable auto linking option when the same field from the same view is used in multiple reports.

Thanks,

Yoav

photo

Hi Mike,

Another use case for this feature involve deployment on multiple servers (regions, in our case), where there maybe a case of updating reports by replacing them. If on elf them is a master report, it breaks all the dashboard links and they need to be re-liked in multiple servers manually.

Thanks,

Yoav

photo

Hi Yoav,

Thank you for your suggestions. We'll keep you posted on potential updates here.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file