Should Drill Through work on a chart using Set Analysis?

Emma Urli shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

If I create a number chart using set analysis on a report canvas, I would like to be able to drill through to the a particular report. If there are multiple number charts, it's really common that I would want to be able to drill through to different charts depending on the chart selected.

Attached a ski team example where I use set analysis to isolate the number for Adventure Camps vs Luxury Camps (SummarySetAnalysis.png). It is configured to have 2 drill through reports and if I click on Adventure Number it should drill to the Adventure report, and vice versa with Luxury (DrillThroughLuxury.png). However it doesn't work on the chart only on the table. Yellowfin XML file attached.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Emma,

It makes sense to me that the setup here is not working as you've described. The Drill Through's are set up as having the Hyperlink Field being Athlete Counter. The Set Analysis fields you've created are essentially their own fields - Function Sets, so these are not what's actually being linked when creating the Numeric Display Charts, the Athlete Counter field is, which is why the linking works properly in the Table, because that is where those Hyperlink's are actually located. What you're looking to do can be accomplished, just not in this manner. If I create a calculated field called Adventure, like so:

/BwMgrpYljRcOAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Re-link it in Related Content:

/g94vEtZ8D8cqQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

And switch out the Function Set for the new Metric:

/BHbcELU6bbvWAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

I can then click into the chart:

/wR8qtUd2jTDAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC(can't really show that I clicked on the actual chart, but I did, haha). You'd then just make another Calculated Field for Luxury and you'd be good to go.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Emma,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this. Does this answer your question?

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Emma,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered since I haven't heard back from you, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file