Broadcast to FTP using last run datetime in the filter qualific

Rod Harris shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Is there a way of using the last successful broadcast datetime in the filter of the report broadcast?

I would like to set up a report that runs every few hours and reports data created since the last time the report ran. If the date of the last successful run could be used in the filter then it would make things a lot simpler. If anything goes wrong in reporting and FTP process it would be self correcting and just widen the date range on the next run.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Rod,

Thanks for reaching out. This may be a possibility, however, setup of this would fall in the realm of consulting. I can give a couple pointers to get you in the right direction though.

I'm thinking this may be possible by downloading our Audit Content package from the Yellowfin Marketplace and creating an Advanced Sub Query and appending the Last Run data into the report. This would give you the config db as a data source in YF, that you could then report off of, so it opens up quite a few possibilities.

I'm afraid I can't be too much more specific than this, but hopefully this will get you headed in the right direction! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

That helps a lot. I'll let you know what we end up doing for this.

Rod

photo

Hi Rod,

Great! I'll check in on you in a week or so if you don't wind up getting back to me.

Regards,

Mike

photo
photo

Hi Rod,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Rod,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered since I haven't heard back from you, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file