How to restore deleted personal reports

Bharath Kumar shared this problem 5 years ago
Resolved

Hi,

I have a tricky situation. We need to recover some deleted personal reports.

One of our user UserA created some personal reports and provided read access to few users. Due to some unfortunate things, all the users got deleted from the application. That means the private reports are also deleted.

We have recreated the UserA, but this time user created with a different ID. When we see the person table in the database we see the user twice but with different ID's '123' and '456' which is expected.

From Staffmember role table we found out the active user is using ID 456 and deleted user is using ID 123.

So we now restored the deleted reports updating statuscode to open under the reportheader table. Reports were associated with the ID 123(the previous owner). We have updated the report to ipperson current value which is 456.

We have also updated the ipcreator field and last modified ipperson field in the reportheader table.

We have also noticed the reportview statuscode is open for our active view.

Now, when the UserA logs in, he is able to see the deleted reports. But when he tries to open it, it does not allow to edit. Edit button is not available for the reports. It is probably due to the report is still considering iperson 123 as its owner.

Did we miss any other place to recover the deleted the personal reports. We have an option to change the externalaccesscode to corporate, but user does not want everyone to access the reports as it has sensitive data.

Apologies, we dont have a DB back up or any other working environment to retrieve them.

Thanks in advance

-Bharath

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Bharath,

Thanks for reaching out. You are indeed most of the way there. When a report is set to Private in the UI, the corresponding report generates a new entry in the accesslevel table, which looks like this:

/wO586XnWdWZOgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

You'll just want to match up your ReportId from the reportheader table with the EntityId in this table and change the AccessGroupId to the user or group you want to have access to the report. That user can then set the rest of the permissions from within the UI.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Thanks Mike, I will give it a try today.

-Bharath

photo

Hi Bharath,

Great. Please let me know how this goes.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Thanks Mike, I am able to restore them with your help.

photo

Hi Bharath,

Excellent. I'll go ahead and mark this as Resolved then. Please don't hesitate to reach out with further questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file