Can I connect to Microsoft SharePoint?

Jordan Tenjeras shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Is it possible from either 6.x or 7.x to connect to Microsoft's SharePoint? We're collecting certain data in SP and want to create a couple of simple bar charts in Yellowfin. If it's possible, what are the implications/complications if it's SharePoint 365?

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Jordan,

I haven't heard of many customers doing this, but evidently there is a SharePoint JDBC driver that can be purchased and downloaded from CDATA: http://www.cdata.com/drivers/sharepoint/download/jdbc/

According to CDATA, this driver can be used to connect to SharePoint via DbVisualizer, and if that's the case, Yellowfin should be able to connect as well.

If you are using 7.2, you could use the new plugin manager to add this driver for use. Alternatively this could be manually added as outlined in the below forum post:

https://www.yellowfinbi.com/YFForum-How-to-add-a-new-JDBC-drivers-for-use-in-Yellowfin-?thread=108357

Anyway, let us know if this information helps or if you run into any troubles. I look forward to hearing back.

Kind Regards,

Dustin

photo

Thanks Dustin! I assume I can obtain the Server license or do I need the Enterprise/OEM/Cloud license? The major differences seem to be SQL Server remoting and premium support.

photo

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for following-up! I'm a bit confused by the license question as I don't think it should matter a whole lot in this case. Can you clarify a bit and let me know if I am misunderstanding your question at all?

I look forward to hearing back.

Kind Regards,

Dustin

photo

Sorry Dustin. I was thinking about CDATA's license. There are 3 levels: Desktop (individual users), Server (JDBC Server apps-Web/BI/Analytics) and Enterprise (BI/ETL vendors, Site licenses, JDBC remoting..) I guess maybe I can just ask CDATA...

photo

Hi Jordan,

Ah that makes sense. I can't really speak for CDATA but it sounds like the server license might be the closest fit...

As you mentioned, it might be best for you to contact CDATA directly to see which license option best works for you.

Can you update us after you test the driver? I'd like to hear how things go.

Kind Regards,

Dustin

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file