Unable to move reports via drag/drop to any folder unless role granted Admin>Folder Access right

Angela Williams shared this problem 5 years ago
Resolved

Currently using 20180226 and recreated in 20180409 (haven't had a chance to try 20180505 yet).

User is unable to drag/drop reports from one folder to a private folder, regardless of what access granted on folder (full Delete, etc), unless their Role has been granted Administration > Folder Access which gives them permission to configure Content Folders.

We absolutely do not want the users to be able to administer Content Folders but they do need to be able to move reports from one folder to another (that they have the appropriate access to).

Able to easily recreate with demo data.

- Ensure user's role does not have Administration > Folder Access.

- Login as that user and note they are unable to drag a report from one folder to any other folder they have appropriate access to (public or private).

- If you add Administration > Folder Access to their role, they can move reports to that folder.

Thank you,

Angela

Replies (11)

photo

I am unable to edit the above but the issue is not specific to private folders as I'd originally noted in one sentence above.

photo

Hi Angela,

Thanks for reaching out. I'd think that without the Folder Access permission turned on, not being able to move content between content folders/sub folders would intended behavior, as the Folder Access permission allows users to configure content folders, but as you can actually can move reports by actually going into the report, editing it, and re-saving it to another folder, which would also be the current workaround in the mean time, then it doesn't seem to make sense you can't simply drag and drop between folders.

I've gone ahead and logged a defect for this, as I don't see why a user who has permission to certain folders/sub folders and can move the report via editing and re-saving can't also simply drag and drop reports to different folders. Any potential updates regarding this matter will be posted here.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Mike:

Correct, the users can move reports from one folder to another by either editing and republishing to the correct folder or by selecting one report and then Edit Details. This requires they be done one by one.

So definitely is odd a user cannot drag/drop reports between folders they have permission to.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing when this may be resolved.

Thank you,

Angela

photo

Hi Angela,

Yeah, for sure. I'll keep you posted.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Angela,

The dev team's been looking at this, but we just want to confirm when you're attempting to drag-and-drop reports, you are dragging into a sub-folder, not a parent folder.

As an example, attempting to drag into the nested folder of, in this case, 'Google Analytics', and not the 'Google Analytics - Goo...' folder above it, which is the parent folder where reports can never be dragged into regardless of permissions:

24074_image-2018-06-18-09-38-36-745

Can you please confirm this?

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

I had a chance to look into this and that is the case where a user cannot drag and drop into a sub-folder.

We have end users who have the ability to create/edit reports, but the drag and drop functionality does not work for them.

Thank you,

-Dan

photo

Hi Dan,

Thanks for confirming. This has actually recently been reported by another client as well. I'll keep you posted on any future updates.

Regards,

Mike

photo
photo

Hi Angela,

I just wanted to check in and see if you can confirm the response to my most recent query.

Thanks,

Mike

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hello Mike,

Angela is no longer with Comprehend. I can look into this request and get back to you.

Best,

-Dan

photo

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your response and for letting us know. Please do.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Dan,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Angela,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Resolved since I haven't heard back from you, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Dan,

This has been fixed and is found in latest build of version 9, 9.2 and will be found in the upcoming 7.4.14 and 8.0.6 (ETA a week or two) builds.

You can download latest builds here.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file