Can I set all users Dashboard layout to LIST?

Chakra shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

In relation to this topic : Configure Default Entry Page for all users

Adding one more question to this.

Is there any DB query that I can use to update default layout to LIST instead of tumbnails ?

Thank you,

CT

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Chakra,

I'm assuming that you mean the Browse layout rather than the Dashboard layout, but if I'm wrong please let me know.

You can update the default Browse page layout to be LIST for all users by running the following query and restarting Yellowfin:

UPDATE PersonConfiguration
SET ConfigData = 'LIST'
WHERE ConfigTypeCode = 'USERCONFIG'
AND ConfigCode = 'REPORTLISTVIEW'
and of course, if you want to be specific about which users then add the IpPerson value (from the Person table)

UPDATE PersonConfiguration
SET ConfigData = 'LIST'
WHERE IpPerson = <insert IpPerson here>
AND ConfigTypeCode = 'USERCONFIG'
AND ConfigCode = 'REPORTLISTVIEW'
regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

Thank you for providing this information.

Yes, first, we would like to make Browser as default landing page (Hope this : https://www.yellowfinbi.com/resources/forum/YFForum-How-to-change-Default-ENTRYPAGE-configuration-globally-thread-164493?_ga=2.162920700.1710272662.1528893072-1658409900.1528893072

is still valid on 7.3 version ).

and next, to make list layout (under Browser) as default layout. Seem like I got all the details that I needed. Anything to consider before I implement these changes ?

Appreciate your feedback.

Thank you,

CT

photo

Hi Chakra,

The only thing to be aware of before doing those backend modifications is that officially we don't support backend modifications, however we always do try and help our customers with them if they really want to do them, and then we always remind them to test them in their DEV environment first or if that's not possible then to make sure the Yellowfin database is backed up immediately before running the queries.

regards,

David

photo

Hi Dave,

Yes, I understand. Thanks again for your assistance.

Regards,

CT.

photo

you're welcome!

photo

Hi Dave,

Finally, I got a chance to work on this.

I ran following query that was provided to change default layout to LIST and restarted the application but that didn't work.

UPDATE PersonConfiguration SET ConfigData = 'LIST' WHERE ConfigTypeCode = 'USERCONFIG' AND ConfigCode = 'REPORTLISTVIEW'

It only worked in once case

if a user (ABC) logged in and changed their layout from Thumbnail(currently default) to LIST manually and then revert back the changes to Thumbnail. At this point, if I run above query, it would change layout to LIST for ABC user.

Is there something that I'm missing here ? What I'm expecting is to make default layout as LIST regardless of if the user has logged into application or not.

FYI.. I noticed the default landing page for us is BROWSER already, so I'm not concerned about running following query

UPDATE Configuration SET ConfigData ='Browse' WHERE ConfigCode = 'DEFAULTENTRYPAGE' AND IpOrg = 1

Appreciate if you can assist me at the earliest. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

CT

photo

Hi Chakra,

I have looked further into the matter you have described and have discovered that for this process Yellowfin is employing a sort of "lazy initialisation", i.e. it only adds the REPORTLISTVIEW record when the user first changes his settings to LIST, otherwise it is hard-coded as THUMBNAIL.

So that is why your UPDATES didn't work, because there were no actual records yet to update!

Thus, you must firstly clean up any old records that may exist:

DELETE FROM PersonConfiguration WHERE ConfigCode = 'REPORTLISTVIEW'
so then you will know that all users are baseline the same with regards their REPORTLISTVIEW record, and then secondly, you must insert a REPORTLISTVIEW record for each user:

INSERT INTO PersonConfiguration VALUES (<insert IpPerson here>,  'USERCONFIG',   'REPORTLISTVIEW', 'LIST')
I hope that helps you with your administrating of Yellowfin!

regards,

David

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file