Reports are getting overwritten

Jhansi Kommineni shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hi,

We are facing the issue in our production environment that our standard reports are getting overwritten by users. Users don't have permission to edit the standard reports, but they can copy. Due to this issue, our standard reports are corrupting in Default Org.

We are having this issue since so long. Unfortunately I could not replicate the issue in our development environment. Did you come across this kind of issue earlier? What could be the possible causes for this issue?

Can you please let me know if you need further information.

Below is the System information.

System Information

Application Version:7.1

Build:20160728

Java Version:1.7.0_80

Operating System:Linux 2.6.32-696.20.1.el6.x86_64 (amd64)

Thanks

Jhansi

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Jhansi,

Thanks for reaching out with the issue you're facing. It's possible that this is an issue related to the version of Yellowfin you are running. Version 7.1 has been out of support for some time now. I also see the build number you're running is almost 2 years old.

While I don't have any recollection of this type of issue off-hand, it sounds like a bug. This presents a difficult position, as we are no longer issuing patches for version 7.1.

What I can say is that I was unable to replicate this behavior in our current supported version of 7.3 and 7.4.

Have you begun planning for an upgrade process?

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Jhansi,

I wanted to reach out and see if you've had a chance to review my reply. If I don't hear back, I'll presume your issue has since been resolved.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Ryan,

Sorry for the late reply. Yes we had a plan to upgrade to 7.3. I will get back to you If we face the same issue in 7.3.

Thanks

Jhansi

photo

Hi Jhansi,

That's good to hear! Please don't hesitate to reach out with further questions or issues. I'll go ahead and mark this as Answered.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file