YF to Excel formatting requirement

Ticout Support Team shared this idea 5 years ago
Completed

Hi YF,

We are looking to have the exporting formatting looked at for Excel...

As it stands when exporting to Excel we have an issue with the alignment of our text. Within YF we have a table built with Suppress Duplicates turned on. In YF this is aligned to be top. Exporting Aligns this to the bottom.

See the example below using the SKI Team.

3fcfd5ea745d83fa3b5deb653dfe6a63

To our understanding this appears to be a limitation with the exporting tool. We have a workaround by formatting the cells in Excel. This is good although we would like this implemented for YF as exporting hundreds of reports to Excel would take a long time to format each cell.

Regards,

Marc

Replies (5)

photo

Interesting, in my implementation of YF it's center aligned. I prefer top aligned for at least one of my reports.

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/vertical-alignment-in-columns

Unfortunately, that's not the case:

0c41d8987e53bf8bae5a3771f749bbd8

photo

Hi Larry,

From your image attached, I can see you originally had this as centre aligned in YF and when you exported to Excel it kept the alignment? Is this correct?

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

I missed this reply. I have never tried to export this to Excel because this facesheet is exported as PDF in order to keep the HTML formatting. It doesn't seem that Excel vertical alignment is implicitly defined; when I export reports it is exported with Excel's default, bottom align. Lastly, my implementation is a third party license and I cannot get into the CSS because of the license limitations. It would be nice to have a section in the Admin Console that allows for CSS changes that carryover to Excel exporting.

photo

Hi Larry,

Thank you for the feedback, i'll add this to the notes.

Regards,

Mark

photo
photo

UPDATE

We have gone ahead and logged this Idea as an Enhancement. We will have this reviewed in the near future, all updates will be posted here.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Thanks for the update.

Regards,

CT

photo

No problem.

Regards,

Mark

photo
photo

UPDATE

Unfortunately as of yet we have no plans to implement this in YF. Our only work around would be to manually change the alignment within Excel.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Thats a shame

Techinically its a bug - as Excel is not recreating what was created in YF

photo

Hi Mark,

Apologies for this, going forward and as stated manually editing of this is our only option here. However we are currently looking at ways to improve our exporting i.e. plug in based so our users have the option to make code changes so they get the results they want.

Like I said this is something that we are working on.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Thanks Mark

I was being a bit cheeky

Along with this idea (https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/feature-to-export-report-sections-to-excel-tabs) please :-)

photo
photo

This is now possible. This can be seen working as expected in 9.8.1.1;

38dfe37a4d62214ca9db3af204277c56

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file