Yellowfin 7.4 error 500 on storyboard editing

Ederson Kamphorst shared this problem 6 years ago
Resolved

Hi folks!

I got a error on adding a text slide, when i click in the text field to put my custom text it returns an error.I attached a print of the error.

Replies (6)

photo

I have do more tests and it's only happens on google chrome. And i think the problems on ajax submit.

When i do it localhost apears the same error.

photo

Hello Ederson,

Thanks for getting in touch.

To help further, we will need to see the logs from your system and a rough timestamp of when this has taken place.

To get the logs, zip/compress the log directory located:

[yellowfin install path]/appserver/logs

Once you have this directory compressed, please attach it to this ticket and we can investigate further.

In the meantime, please have a look at the following helpful article on the 500 error:

https://www.lifewire.com/500-internal-server-error-explained-2622938

Best regards,

Pete

photo

Hello,

It’s been over 14 days since you updated this ticket so we are closing it down now.

If you still have an issue that is relevant to this ticket, please respond here and the ticket will re-open.

If you have any other issues, please raise a new case.

Best regards,

Yellowfin Support

photo

This problems persists. Dont ask your users to submit massive amounts of logs, just try edit a storyboard via google chrome, see for yourself, not hard to replicate

photo

Hello Tom,

Unfortunately I have not been able to replicate this and vast numbers of our users are not having any issues with storyboards.

I asked for the logs (which is a single compression action on the log directory and a simple upload to the community) in order to try and identify why you are running into this issue.

As I cannot replicate and I don't have the logs, I can only assume that it's something to do with your environment.

If you can supply the logs we will be able to investigate this further.

Best regards,

Pete

photo

Hello,

It’s been over 14 days since you updated this ticket so we are closing it down now.

If you still have an issue that is relevant to this ticket, please respond here and the ticket will re-open.

If you have any other issues, please raise a new case.

Best regards,

Yellowfin Support

photo

The first thing you need to know about an "Internal Server Error" is that the error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software. It is not a client-side problem meaning that the problem is not with our plugin. This is a 'catch-all' error generated by the Web server. Basically something has gone wrong, but the server can not be more specific about the error condition in its response to the client. In addition to the 500 error notified back to the client, the Web server should generate some kind of internal error log which gives more details of what went wrong. It is up to the operators of the Web server site to locate and analyse the logs which should give further information about the error.

photo

Hi Jomy,

Thank you for sharing this information with the Community! Since this issue is quite old, I'm going to go ahead and close this back down.

Thanks,

Ryan

Replies have been locked on this page!