Custom Footer

Tim Ficker shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hi, I'm trying to find the footer file in the filesystem, so I can copy and use it as a custom file. I've found the Header example file, but where is the footer example located? This page: http://wiki.yellowfin.com.au/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=11468949 mentions where to put the footer file and where to put the URL in the UI. But, I'm sure it's not just a straight HTML file, so I'd like to have an example to make sure the JS is correct. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Tim,

I have attached the standard footer page.

There is a bit more to this, but this is an internal JSP file, that is overridden in the presence of a custom footer. The key is just having a div for this to go into (so this can be a simple html file, with js).

Let me know if this makes sense.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Nathan,

Thank you for the reply and file. But is there something else to do other than switch the configuration to custom footer? It's not grabbing the new file.

Thanks

Tim

photo

Hi Tim,

You will need to place this file into your ROOT folder:

Youryellowfininstallation/appserver/webapps/ROOT

Is this where you have placed the file? It is worth noting that the custom footer I have provided will look the exact same as the standard footer, so unless you have changed anything you may not be able to notice a difference.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Nathan,

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, that's where I put it, both in the customfiles folder and directly in ROOT. Under the page footer URL, I've put customfiles/mci-footer.jsp and mci-footer.jsp and on the footer of the dashboard it says 'Problem Accessing absolute URL: customfiles/mci-footer.jsp (or mci-footer.jsp).

Also, I made some simple changes to it at first, just so I'd notice if it was working.

Thanks

photo

Hi Tim,

Are you able to visit this page through direct URL? eg: yourYFhost/mci-footer.jsp

There is a chance that there is an error in the JSP file that is preventing it from being rendered. If you visit the file directly you might be able to get a full stack trace out of it.

Nathan

photo

Nathan,

Thank you for your responses. I was getting an error going directly to the URL, something about a variable that isn't recognized. On Friday, I started using a custom login page and I'm going to place the footer inside that file instead. I think for the reports and browse pages, I'll just turn off the footer as one isn't really needed once someone is logged in. If I do decide to use a footer for those pages, I will revisit this. Really appreciate your help! Thanks

photo

Hi Tim,

Sounds good and no problem! JSP pages can be a bit hard to diagnose. I am going to close this for now, but let know if you would like to dive back in and it will be automatically be re-opened.

Nathan

photo
photo

Hi Tim,

I have attached the standard footer page.

There is a bit more to this, but this is an internal JSP file, that is overridden in the presence of a custom footer. The key is just having a div for this to go into (so this can be a simple html file, with js).

Let me know if this makes sense.

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file