Task content list not displayed in Timeline

Stephen Van Rooyen shared this problem 5 years ago
Defect Fixed

Hi Guys,

Using YF 7.4 v20180515, tried different browsers as well

When trying to add content to a task from you Timeline, it does not display the list of reports or dashboards etc.

80144611aba651472cf7c2af9e36dab3

The list does show when you do comments however

aa730344497af0fa09bb792b414ee4db

Regards,

Stephen

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Stephen,

This is actually a known defect. However, I did find a rather wonky, but viable, workaround for this:

1) Create your new task and input a search for exactly the report you're looking for (so it just shows in first several results is the requirement in searching here... you won't be able to scroll, but you can zoom out to see a few more results).

2) Open up the Dev Console and search "rslSearchContent" from within the Dev Console under Elements. Your screen should now look like this:

/P9Q5sZWPmjeYgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

3) Add the line "position: initial;" next to "top: 66px;" and press enter, like so:

/wflcTiWRiGlvwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

As you can see, a search result now appears. At this point you can drag and drop the report into the Task:

Hopefully this will hold you over until we can get this fixed!

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Thanx for the feedback however this workaround is not at all viable, as I cannot expect an end user to be doing that.

Looking forward to the fix.

Regards,

Stephen

photo

Hi Stephen,

Sorry there's no simpler workaround for the time being! I'll keep you posted with any potential updates regarding this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Stephen,

Just writing to inform you this has been fixed and will be included in our next build of 7.4. This should be published some time next month. I'll let you know once that's been published.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the feedback

Regards,

Stephen

photo
photo

Hi Stephen,

You're welcome!

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Stephen,

Just wanted to let you know that this task has now been completed and included in the latest 7.4.8 release.

Would love to get confirmation your issue has been resolved with the latest release, so please let me know how it all goes post update, and of course reach out if you have any questions on this.

Thanks,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file