Used By information on DashBoard

Jhansi Kommineni shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Hi,

Can you please help me from where we are pulling the "Used By" information on DashBoard Show Help (DashBoard->Show Help->Used By). I could n't see these users on Event table. Can you please provide me from which table we are getting this information. One of our client complaining that they can see other users which are not belongs to that client.

Here is the screenshot(Dashboard_UsedBy.jpg)

Thank You.

Cheers

Jhansi

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Jhansi,

Thank you for getting in touch. From my brief tests, this information appears to be stored in the "personfavourite" table:

62d629859af5d34fa51e9ab879a6e580

Where content ID is the ID of your particular dashboard, and IP person is the user name. By grouping by content ID and joining on the person table, you should be able to create a report that displays your desired information.

Please let me know if this works for you or if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for you help. I had gone through the table and get the information. But if the same user is removed and added number of times, there will be multiple entries in IpRltshp table with "EndReasonCode" status as "Deleted" or empty.

Here in Dashboard UsedBy, the same user is repeating multiple times if the user is deleted and added(multiple entries in IpRltshp with status "Deleted"). Is there anyway to exclude the users which are in "Deleted" status from IpRltshp while getting Dashboard UsedBy.

Thanks

Jhansi

photo

Hi Jhansi,

A query like this should allow you to filter those results:

1. SELECT * FROM 73yellowfin20170208.personfavourite WHERE IpPerson NOT IN (SELECT IpChild FROM 73yellowfin20170208.iprltshp WHERE EndReasonCode = 'DELETED');

You will need to switch the 73yllowfin20170208 to your relevant database's name. Please let me know if you a have any luck getting this to work.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I will get the result from sql. But In Yellowfin UI, If we dont want to show the Delted users from Used By list. How can we do it.

There are 2 scenario's which we dont want to show the user in th Used By list.

1. One Active user, but he has been removed 2 times and added. So In Used By, the same person name is showing 3 times.

2. Inactive users which are in Deleted status are also showing in Used By.

How we can stop them showing in UI(same user multiple times and Deleted users)

Thanks

Jhansi

photo

I modified the report by adding a new filter for endreasoncode and then in advanced filters set that to 'is null' this the only returns users once and ignores any deleted user accounts

photo

Hi Jhansi,

Unfortunately it is not possible to modify how this is displayed in dashboard information section of the UI. We will either need to create a report from the admin package (found in the Yellowfin marketplace) as Bernard suggests, or query the underlying database using something along the lines of what I originally suggested.

Sorry for the inconvenience, hopefully one of these options meets your needs.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the information. Our real issue is below.

One of our client is reporting that then can see users which are not belonging to that client org in Dashboard Used By. When I see the screenshot what they sent to us then I found that those are belongs to other client orgs.

Is this possible from one client org to see the users of other client org's in Dashboard Used By when the Dashboard is at Default level ?

I could n't replicate the above issue to report to you even though the screenshot is clearly saying those belongs to other client org's.

When I am ivestigating the above issue, I found this deleted users multiple times in Used By list. In fact I dont require separate report to know the dashboard used By list.

Cheers

Jhansi

photo

Hi Jhansi,

Thank you for the clarification, I will look into this now.

Regards,

Nathan

photo
photo

Hi Jhansi,

Sorry for the delay on this. In my tests of this issue:

• Once a user was deleted they were removed from the "Used By" list.
  • I could only see users from the client organization that I was currently in.

What version is this client using? There is a chance that this has been patched but not included into the change logs.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the update. Below is the version that the client is using. In which version you are testing the scenario?

System InformationApplication Version:7.1Build:20160728Java Version:1.7.0_80Operating System:Linux 2.6.32-431.17.1.el6.x86_64 (amd64)

Thanks

Jhansi

photo

Hi Jhansi,

I was testing this on recent 7.1 (201612015), and 7.2(20160208) builds. As that is a relatively old build of 7.1, and we have discontinued our patch support for 7.1, I would highly recommend that this client update their instance.

I cannot guarantee that this will solve their problem, but it would be a good starting point.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your update. I will communicate the same with my higher Management. Actually we have the plan to migrate from 7.1 to 7.3. Current we are testing our reports on 7.3 and we identified some issues in 7.3 while migrating from 7.1 to 7.3. We are in touch with Yellowfin support to fix those bugs in 7.3 that we identified. We will migrate our clients to 7.3 once all the issues fixed.

Thanks

Jhansi

photo

Hi Jhansi,

That sounds good please let me know if you are still facing this issue after updating.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Thanks Nathan. Sure I will let you know if any issues.

Regards

Jhansi

photo
photo

Hi Jhansi,

I'm going to close this case for now, but if you run into any more problems with this, just reply and the case will be re-opened.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Ok Sure Nathan. Thanks for your help.

Thanks

Jhansi

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file