Adding Multiple Business name to various fields

Nagarjun shared this idea 5 years ago
Completed

Hello Team,

Requirement/Task: Need to rename (add business name) for more than 100 fields while creating the views.

Existing option: we update using SQL query which again a manual way of entry multiple field names, and also it requires to restart the Yellowfin.

Suggestions: It would be great if there any reference/master table to upload to rename/update the business name for all the fields in one-go.

Ref: https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/how-to-add-multiple-business-names-for-various-fields-using-a-excel-fileref-table

Regards,

Arjun

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Arjun,

I would just like to make sure there isn't some miscommunicating going on here: When you ask for a master table to rename/update the business names for all the fields in one go, there already is!

As explained in the Community Question you referenced here, the table is called ReportFieldTemplate and the column is ShortDescription.

With that in mind, could you please give a clear description of your request.

regards,

David

photo

Hello David,

Updating the Business name using the SQL query in ReportFieldTemplate is good option, but that requires System downtime when we need to restart the YF after SQL query.

Hence, we have a table with 2 columns as actual field name and required Business Name, which could help us to update the business name easier with an user friendly environment and it will also help in reduction of multiple SQL code lines.

Hope you would be clear with my request now.

Thanks and regards,

Arjun

photo

Hello to all of our readers,

just in case you stumble across this Idea, you may be interested to learn of a way of doing backend modifications to the ReportFieldTemplate table that will immediately take effect without having to restart Yellowfin. You will find the description of how to do this in the following Community Question:

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/agent/object/8941#comment-52613

regards,

David

photo

Hello Arjun,

given the fact that this can now be done without having to restart Yellowfin (please see previous comment), we are just checking whether you would still like this Idea to be considered or not?

regards,

David

photo

Sorry for late response, your updates or suggestions, served the purpose.

Still it would be great, if you could come up with the UI based approach, or a input CSV file to update all the business names in one-go.

Thanks David for your continuous help and responses.

photo

OK thanks, I will pass that onto the product team.

regards,

David

photo
photo

thanks Arjun, now the request is clear!

regards,

David

photo

Hi Arjun,

just letting you know that this Idea has been reviewed and for one reason or another it did not meet the requirements to make it onto the Yellowfin roadmap.

However, you've got the suggested workaround to work with, and I think it is a good one, especially seeing as you don't have to restart Yellowfin for the backend modifications to take effect.

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file