Allow multiple copies of report on single dashboard

Stephen Johnson shared this idea 5 years ago
Completed

I designed a report that shows some of our performance indicators. I would like to add the report twice to one of my dashboards: one will filter by date to show the performance of our whole company, the other will filter by date and employee to show the performance of a subset of employees during that same date range. This will allow us to compare employee performance to the company average.

When I try to add the same report to the dashboard twice, I get the message "Dashboard Error - This report has already been added to this dashboard tab." I know...that's what I'm trying to do. Now I have to duplicate that report and give it a new name to achieve what I want. Any future changes to the report logic will now have to be made in multiple places.

Is there a technical reason we cannot add the same report multiple times?

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Stephen,

I'm not sure if initially it was a technical reason or a design decision, but it is all academic now and I'm pleased to be able to inform you that in the next major release (8.0) you will be able to drag multiple copies of the same report onto the dashboard canvas. This change has come about because in fact, the whole Dashboard feature is being revamped. We are expecting 8.0 to be released in the next few months.

regards,

David

photo

When can we expect to see some details about that revamp? I remember seeing somewhere that the new dashboard is going to work similar to the multi-chart canvas. That doesn't give me much hope because I find the multi-chart canvas a pain.

photo

yes, that is also my understanding of the new dashboard, it is going to work like the multi-chart canvas.

I've asked around here and unfortunately there isn't a release date yet for 8.0 and its specs, but it will definitely be in a matter of months.

regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

Is this option available in version 8.0?

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

This feature is planned for 8.1, which plan in published later this year. Aiming for October.

Once that happens we will be updating all these dashboard ideas.

At the same time, we will launch a beta program for early adopters, and if you're interested just reach out to your CSM who can get you on the list once we have something.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

David

photo
photo

Thanks.

photo

Hi Stephen,

Good news - devs have implemented this requested product enhancement, and it will be included with upcoming versions 8.1 and 7.4.11. I have tested this successfully in the 8.1 beta by adding the same report twice, where I would previously get the "Dashboard Error" message:

c5b84da2c6eaddb79a30437d642fc626

I will keep this marked as "Idea Logged" until the respective release date, it looks like you may be looking to update to 7.4.11 in this case?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Stephen,

Just wanted to let you know this fix will be included in the dashboard rewrite of upcoming version 9.0, which should be released in the next month or so.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Stephen,

Good news! With the release of 9.1, this functionality has been added to the software. As such, I'm going to go ahead and mark this Idea as Completed at this time. Feel welcome to reply here if you have any issues with this in the new version.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file