Allow chart labels for Combination Charts

Sebastian Vogt shared this idea 6 years ago
Completed

Dear YF Support Team!

We would like to create the following report within YF using the chart type "combination chart":

f57668fa3deba0bff3ebda11b64e8d9f

We are able to create this chart but the chart type "combination chart" does not allow to enable chart labels for the bar chart as well as for the line chart:

4f077b87565836018c0a77a1e4f0dffa

I know that the labels for line charts are an existing enhancement request:

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/labels-on-line-chart

Could you please also create an enhancement request for the chart type "combination chart" in order to be able to activate labels for this specific chart type?

Thank you so much for your efforts!

Kind regards

Sebastian

Best Answer
photo

Hi Sebastian,

Thank you for reaching out. According to our internal notes from the dev team, the enhancement that is currently being developed to allow chart labels on line charts also affects both category and time series line charts, as well as overlay/combination charts. This enhancement is currently in testing and it seems likely it will be available on the next build (which would likely be some time in May), though I can't say that part with 100% certainty. I'm logging this community Idea with the related internal dev task, though of course this Idea has been logged previously.

Regards,

Mike

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Sebastian,

Thank you for reaching out. According to our internal notes from the dev team, the enhancement that is currently being developed to allow chart labels on line charts also affects both category and time series line charts, as well as overlay/combination charts. This enhancement is currently in testing and it seems likely it will be available on the next build (which would likely be some time in May), though I can't say that part with 100% certainty. I'm logging this community Idea with the related internal dev task, though of course this Idea has been logged previously.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Sebastian,

This enhancement has now been implemented! Please download our latest build of 7.3 (or 7.4) here, so you can use this functionality. I'm going to mark this as completed. Please don't hesitate to reach out with further questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

I'm using version 7.4 and I can't find options to include bar label-values in the combination chart? Please help?

Thanks, Tess

photo

Hi Tessa,

This is found in the latest build of 7.4, published on 4 May 2018. Is this the version you're using? There's a new label option found from this build onwards:

/ctL2uRi1AAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Regards,

Mike

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file