Can our customer drag defined report and build their own dashboard?

May Cai shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

We want to feed yellowfin into our scada product as another Business Intelligence dashboard. Is it possible to let our clients drag pre-built reports into the dashboard themselves instead of us defining the dashboard for them? Then they will save it for their use.

Replies (5)

photo

Hi May,

It sounds like you will want to limit the permissions of this user role down to solely dashboard creation. If you then provide the user with read access to the pre-created reports, they can then add these to dashboards as they see fit.

Does this sound like it will work in this case?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi May,

Any luck here? I am going to close this for now, but let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hey Nathan,

I have the same question. I integrated yellowfin in my web application for my customer to view a dashboard created by the developer. Currently I am able to integrate a dashboard with added reports (see attached image) but I am not able to see any option for the customer to move these around. Is it possible for the customer itself to add pre-built reports to this dashboard and move them around? If so could you guide me to any resources to help with this?

Thanks,

Harsh

photo

Hi Harsh,

Yellowfin's JS API essentially returns a formatted HTML table for the report, a png image for the chart, and the tool-tips and buttons with JS. If you want to add dynamic features after the chart has been returned, you will need to code this functionality yourself..

As far as how to go about this, you might have luck with something like the link below, but getting this to work well will probably be quite the undertaking:

http://jqueryui.com/resizable/

In the end, if your customer wants to build their own dashboard, our recommendation is to allow them to access to Yellowfin so they can build it there.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Haresh,

I am going to set this ticket to closed for now, but if there is anything else I can do to help here, please just let me know and the case will be re-opened!

Regards,

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file