How to increase JVM current total memory

YangyangCai shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hi Team,

I have increase one client's tomcat to use 18GM RAM as max, but the JVM current total memory used for tomcat is only 1GB. Much appreciate if someone could help out about how to increate JVM current total memory, because the current dashboard performance is very slow but dashboard only use 4% of RAM.

/ARga+xa10HyFAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA==

/bsVzzloAAAAASUVORK5CYIIA

/gD4NPFgAcQ6QBHGZJpJmeGB0JsGQ0OD0xWmpfGPjmVeCeQ6QBgDr7b83+l5ZApxAiAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA==

Regards,

Nancy

Best Answer
photo

Hi Nancy,

While the amount of memory available to Java has been increased, it most likely hasn't been modified in Yellowfin!

Please change the XMX settings for Yellowfin.

We have a handy guide here:

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/what-is-jvm-max-memory-and-why-should-i-care

Please let us know how you get on!

Best regards,

Pete

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Nancy,

After you have chnaged this setting, have you stopped and restarted the Yellowfin service?

Do you start Yellowfin from a file, or is it running as a full windows service?

Best regards,

Pete

photo

Hi Peter,

I changed the setting and saved it, stooped and restarted Yellowfin Service. Because you could see that the JVM Max Memory was updated to be 17.8 GB.

I have installed Yellowfin as windows service, not sure "full" means.

Regards,

Nancy

photo

Hi Nancy,

While the amount of memory available to Java has been increased, it most likely hasn't been modified in Yellowfin!

Please change the XMX settings for Yellowfin.

We have a handy guide here:

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/what-is-jvm-max-memory-and-why-should-i-care

Please let us know how you get on!

Best regards,

Pete

photo

Hi Peter,

We did follow the documentation to do the setup, and that is the reason the Max shows correct info. We just want to make sure we could use 100% of the memory we setup for our dashboard, which means the JVM current memory to be close to JVM max memory.

Much appreciate if you would give me a call or setup a web session with us, because this request is quite urgent.

Regards,

Nancy

photo

Hi Nancy,

You have done everything correct. the JVM memory system is a managed by Tomcat- It usually starts at 1Gb and will increase as it is used.

The value is 5% of max in that image with a max of 17Gb.

It will be fine to leave as it is going forwards! :)

Once you get more use or a heavy load on the system, you should see the memory used increasing.

Best regards,

Pete

photo
photo

Hi Peter,

Happy to close this ticket, found the issue is DB server rather than dashboard.

Cheers,

Nancy

Leave a Comment

Attach a file