Dimension Field as Colour in Charts

Lisa Wood shared this idea 6 years ago
Completed

I want to be able to create a basic bar or column chart and assign a colour as a dimension field. Ski Team example could be Demographic as horizontal axis, Invoiced amount as vertical and gender as colour. Seeing a clear breakdown of male and female within each demographic.

Yes this can be done with auto chart however then I can't set the formatting requirements that I want. (I want to hide the metric axis labels and lines fully).

Also I can achieve this if it's a cross tab report except that I have multiple charts that I need to create from this query and they're not possible if I make the report a cross tab.

Replies (5)

photo

Hello Lisa,

Thanks for reaching out with your Idea. I've logged this as a candidate for an enhancement and will keep this post updated with relevant information in regards to its development.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Ryan,

Do you have an update in this idea?

Thanks

Daryle

photo

Hi Daryle,

Thanks for checking in on this Idea. At present I don't have an update on whether this will be chosen for our road map. I have, however, added you as another Client interested in this capability.

Please subscribe to this post for further updates on this as they are available.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi All,

I have an update here, and it's good news! This enhancement been developed and tested and will be included in our forthcoming 7.4.8 build. Approximate ETA for 7.4.8 is December, but we'll give a more exact date as the time approaches.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi all,

This Enhancement is now available in 7.4.8 and 8.0, available on our latest builds page now.

Thanks,

Ryan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file