Drag and Drop in Dashboards

Harsh Saudagar shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

I have successfully embedded Yellowfin in my web application. Currently a developer creates a dashboard and sets the layout from behind the scene and then the web app user gets to see the dashboard. I was wondering if it is possible to drag and drop (move around) reports in a dashboard by the end user of my web application ?

Best Answer
photo

Hi Harsh,

Thank you for reaching out. Unless the end user has Edit permissions on the dashboard, no they can not drag and drop reports in the dashboard, as this is only possible when Editing the dashboard. Once the Dashboard is out of Draft mode and is Activated, the dashboard is basically static. You can expand reports and filter, but you can't move reports from where they're set and saved. I'm afraid there's really no way around this.

Regards,

Mike

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Harsh,

Thank you for reaching out. Unless the end user has Edit permissions on the dashboard, no they can not drag and drop reports in the dashboard, as this is only possible when Editing the dashboard. Once the Dashboard is out of Draft mode and is Activated, the dashboard is basically static. You can expand reports and filter, but you can't move reports from where they're set and saved. I'm afraid there's really no way around this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply! Is it possible to embed a non activated dashboard into an application so that the app users can then edit the dashboard(move the reports around) and save them ?

photo

Hi Harsh,

You cannot embed a non-activated dashboard. Further, upon further investigation, you actually can't edit through embedding. You have to edit in Yellowfin itself. So no, what are requesting is not a possibility unfortunately.

Regards,Mike

photo

Thanks for the reply Mike !

photo

Hi Harsh,

You're welcome. I'll go ahead and mark this Answered as there's nothing really to add to this, haha. Please don't hesitate to reach out with further questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mike

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file