Calculated field, freehand SQL

Jean-Michel Cousin shared this problem 5 years ago
Resolved

Hello,

I'd created calculated field couple of weeks ago in a view. Now when I try to add another claculated field or just edit and validate SQL of the existing calculated field I got an error (doc file).any idea why this is happend?

best regards

Best Answer
photo

Hi Ryan,

thank you for coming back to me.

In the meantime, I noticed, than, I can avoid this error and refer column name only if I tick the table/view mandatory in view model panel.

best regards,

Jean Michel

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Jean-Michel,

Thanks for reaching out with the issue you're facing. The error message shown in your document is a Database-level error.

ORA-00904 specifically indicates an invalid column name. I'd recommend verifying that the column you're calling exists at a Database level. Let me know what you find.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Ryan,

thank you for coming back to me.

In the meantime, I noticed, than, I can avoid this error and refer column name only if I tick the table/view mandatory in view model panel.

best regards,

Jean Michel

photo

Hi Jean-Michel,

Thanks for sharing this information. I'll go ahead and mark this as Resolved as per your findings. Please don't hesitate to reach out with further questions or issues.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

To make the table mandatory is the proper solution if the calculated field is Freehand SQL and you are not using the referenced column(s) in the report outside of the calculated field. I encountered the same issue when I removed a column from the data table in the report but kept it in the calculated field.

photo
photo

Hi Xuan,

Thanks for reaching out with the issue you're facing. Your scenario is best treated as a new Issue. I've taken the liberty of splitting this off into a new Issue to be discussed, as it doesn't pertain specifically to this thread.

Thanks,

Ryan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file