Convert a series of dates to months

tabitha shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hello,

I have a list of start on site dates and I want to convert these to months instead. So the list will show September instead of 23/09/2018.

Is this possible?

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Tabitha,

Thank you for reaching out. This is indeed possible and in fact easily accomplished right through UI.

Click the arrow next to your date field, click Format > Edit > set Format to Date Part Formatter > set Format under that to Month Name:

/A18ffpOtjWShAAQpQgALWBTg93roVQ1KAAhSgAAUoQAEKUIACFKAABaoqwEF7VbmZGQUoQAEKUIACFKAABShAAQpQwLoAB+3WrRiSAhSgAAUoQAEKUIACFKAABShQVQEO2qvKzcwoQAEKUIACFKAABShAAQpQgALWBThot27FkBSgAAUoQAEKUIACFKAABShAgaoKcNBeVW5mRgEKUIACFKAABShAAQpQgAIUsC7AQbt1K4akAAUoQAEKUIACFKAABShAAQpUVYCD9qpyMzMKUIACFKAABShAAQpQgAIUoIB1AQ7arVsxJAUoQAEKUIACFKAABShAAQpQoKoCHLRXlZuZUYACFKAABShAAQpQgAIUoAAFrAv8H6XM4tWgE+0gAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Date changes from this:

To showing the month name:

/B4XtZm1GjemdAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Brilliant! That worked perfectly. Next quick one. how do I get this heat grid to put the months in the right order please?

photo

Hi Tabitha,

This depends on your underlying data. If your Month data is a Dimension set to Text, you can't simply get it to sort in another way other than alphanumeric order. If, however, your data is in Date format at a db/view level, it will properly sort:

/AbmgRBi6n4aaAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Hopefully this helps. Since the original issue is resolved, I'm going to mark this as Answered. If you have further questions regarding your second question, make sure your data is of the correct data type first, and if not, correct it, and if you're still experiencing issues, please open a separate ticket.

Thanks,

Mike

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file