Advice on moving config database from local to postgres

jim fuller shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Wanted to know if you had any technical resources to assist in converting an instance of Yellowfin from using the local configuration database to a more robust back end, In my case postgres.

Full disclaimer on my end...I'm fully aware of the risks involved. My instance is a development instance.

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Jim,

By local do you mean HSQL? If you are transferring a postgres database from your local machine to a remote server, then this will be quite easy.

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/changing-yellowfin-server

However, transferring data between different database types (MySQL->postgres) can be very difficult if not impossible and we do not have any resources to help with this. Typically the recommend solution here is to use the import/export feature to transfer content and recreate the administration settings manually.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Yes I do mean the HSQL db.

Given this then, is it possible to control the configuration database on pre built AWS EC2 image prior to install or at least change it?

In other words, if I wanted to scrap the current HSQL configuration db in favor of a Postgres instance on a new YF Amazon AWS install, is that possible?

photo

Hi Jim,

I am not entirely familiar with our pre-built aws offering, but I believe that they are set up on MySQL by default.

If you are looking for full control over your implementation, I would recommend purchasing an empty EC2 instance and setting up your own YF installation on that instance. The pre-built installations are primarily meant for demo purposes.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

I am going to set this ticket to closed for now, but if there is anything else I can do to help here, please just let me know and the case will be re-opened!

Regards,

Nathan

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file