Idea: Pivot Table Chart

jim fuller shared this idea 5 years ago
Completed

The cross tab report is not a chart. However, what about offering up a Pivot Table visualization as a chart? I see this in a few top cloud bi tools and would really like to see it in YF for a variety of reasons. Mostly fitting for power users, but would give me a good amount of flexibility in presentation too.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Jim,

that's a good idea, so I've converted this Question into an Idea, and raised an internal Enhancement Request (YFN-10644) and linked it to this.

Having said that, let me say this - this is already possible in Yellowfin through the feature called JavaScript Charts. The only thing is you'd have to be comfortable with working with javascript, or maybe you've got a developer who is. Certainly there already exists open source code for it such as the following:

https://pivottable.js.org/examples/

but most probably you still would have to play around with it I imagine, and that's why you'd need to be OK with javascript, or know someone who is.

Hope that helps.

regards,

David

photo

that JS Chart extensibility looks pretty powerful. Thanks for your great advice.

photo

Hi Jim,

yes it is - it allows you to be the developer, so if you've got the time and inclination for it, you can do almost anything!

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file