Numerical Display

Steven Galea shared this idea 5 years ago
Not Planned

Hello Support

I have a report with numbers coming back from my view in the millions and are large to view on grids.

How can I make the format appear like this below in yellow?

Costs

Costs in Millions

Aug-17

$8,588,828

8.59 m

Sep-17

$7,819,778

7.82 m

Oct-17

$8,066,107

8.07 m

Nov-17

$8,129,539

8.13 m

Dec-17

$7,877,987

7.88 m

Jan-18

$7,790,926

7.79 m

Feb-18

$7,900,630

7.90 m

Mar-18

$8,198,643

8.20 m

Can Yellowfin change the display format of numbers to show in K for thousands or M for millions, if so where do I do this?

Thanks

Steve

Steven Galea 

Principal Consultant

Level 1, 580 Church Street RichmondVIC3122 

T+61 3 9240 3129  M+61 414 700 845

steven.galea@itemgroup.com.au|www.itemgroup.com.au

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Steven,

Thank you for reaching out. The only place in Yellowfin where it's currently possible to change your data to display the numbers as you've requested quickly, is in using our Numeric Display chart. You can make a series of Numeric Display charts where the Summarize Value option is turned on (which is on by default) and arrange them how you please on the Multi-Chart canvas, but summarizing the values in a report column is not currently possible in Yellowfin. I was thinking maybe you could add "M" as a Suffix and change the Maximum Length of the row, but if you shorten the Maximum Length the "M" will be cut off. What I can do is make an enhancement request to create a summarize value feature in columns. Would you like me to do that?

Regards,

Mike

photo

Morning Mike

Very disappointing to hear this basic feature isn’t available, please add my vote to have this added to future enhancements please.

Thanks

Steve

Sent: Friday, 27 April 2018 12:36 AM

To: Steven Galea <steven.galea@itemgroup.com.au>

Subject: Re: Numerical Display [#8600]

photo

Hi Steven,

There may also be some way to accomplish this via a Freehand SQL CAST statement, if you have someone at your disposal who may be able to write such things, though I can't say with 100% certainty. Nevertheless, I've gone ahead and logged this as an Idea in our internal tracking system. Any potential updates regarding this matter will be posted here.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Steven,

I've come up with another simpler solution you may attempt:

1) Head into your view and create a copy of your "Costs" column.

2) Click the arrow next to your new "Costs" copy and click "Convert" > Add converter > "Numeric Divide" > set Denominator to 1000000:

/2QtYsxHXsFwAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

3) Click arrow next to new copied "Costs" column again and click Edit Format > set Decimal Places to "2" > set Suffix to "M":

/hP3J2sAGdpYW+TDQ4rqg7kwCZ5sZebAkJstB0pcoG33JBu2sSIQF+56dq3cREAEREAERKAUCde5+ey8az2a89ZpLoaKqw4MhEF5eMRelsEEIAwaEtkwEREAExGlUFAAAALFJREFUREAEREAESo1AMNrC6pa9C9pS0rsIFIgAg4FgLHWBslU2IiACIiACIiACIvBACZTEqjIPlKAyLxgBYtYJ3yGEhodVWXhUwQqgjERABERABERABETgARJQqMwDhK+sRUAEREAEREAEREAERCAWAYXKxKKibSIgAiIgAiIgAiIgAiIQAQKKcY9AI6mIIiACIiACIiACIiACIiDhrj4gAiIgAiIgAiIgAiIgAhEg8P+1B8dplhxNuQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Give this a try and let me know how this goes.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Steven,

I'm writing here to update that this is being marked as "Not Planned," primarily due to the fact there's a quick and easy way of accomplishing this.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with further questions or concerns (or Idea's!).

Regards,

Mike

photo

is it available in latest version 9? please let me

thank you

photo

Hi Sonu,

Thanks for reaching out. It is not. This enhancement was never pursued. You can read how to reach these results a couple responses below.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file