YFMetaDB Cannot Add A Calculated Field

Tal Mickel shared this problem 6 years ago
Resolved

Hey,

When we create a report within the Yellowfin's meta database which includes the users and reports activity, we tried to add a calculated field (no matter the contents) and it gives us an ORDER BY error.

1. The ORDER BY clause is invalid inviews, inline functions, derived tables, subqueries, and common tableexpressions, unless TOP, OFFSET or FOR XML is also specified.

YF 7.2 20170202

Best Regards,

Dor & Tal

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Tal and Dor,

In my tests I have not been able to replicate this issue. I feel like this is something that would be best to see in person. Would you be interested in scheduling a time to screen-share? If so, please let me know what time works best for you. I am on United States Mountain Time.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hey Nathan!

We're free this Monday, 9:00-9:30am MDT

Let us know if it works for you.

Thanks!

Dor & Tal

photo

Hi Tal,

That sounds good, I have sent you an invitation.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Tal and Dor,

It appears that I responded on a little too short of notice here. Can we plan on the same time tomorrow morning?

I am still free now if you are able to join the call, but if not I will just send you another invitation!

Regards.

Nathan

photo

Yes we're here!

Just be sure to share the meeting ID with us.

photo

My Apologies, something came up at the last minute. If you are still available to screen-share please click this link:

https://meetings.ringcentral.com/j/1492486056

photo
photo

HI Tal and Dor,

Unfortunately I have still not been able to replicate this issue. As there are very few options left to try, I think that the next step here will be to replicate your entire environment.

If you are interested I would like to restore your configuration database on my machine. If so please let me know and I will provide you access to our ftp server so that you can upload a dump/backup file of your database.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Tal and Dor,

I am going to set this ticket to closed for now, but if there if you are interested in providing me a replication environment, please just let me know and the case will be re-opened!

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hey Nathan

Sorry for the huge delay in our reply.

A copy of our YF MetaDB can be found in your FTP server under the folder "Our YF MetaDB"

Bests,

Dor & Tal

photo

Hey Nathan! Dor here

There was no update for 2 months now :)

Can you please give us a status on this matter ?

Thank you !

Dor & Tal

photo

Hi Dor,

Very sorry for the delay :-/

Is this data source publicly available? Is there anyway that you can provide me with an export of the data source and view in question?

Since we last talked I have gained the ability to trouble shoot odd errors such as this quite a bit better.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hey Nathan ! Dor here

Its inside YF FTP server.

You can also contact Mike / Ryan for additional info regarding our environment, they're the most updated contacts that have our environment. (discussed over ticket #7400)

Let me know if you need additional info !

photo

Hi Tal,

Thanks! We are snowed out of the office today, but I will work on replicating/fixing/raising this tomorrow.

Nathan

photo
photo

Hi Tal/Dor,

I .have been able to replicate this on Mike's replication. Before I raise a defect to address this, I was wondering if it would be possible to try another idea:

Have you done much customization on this view?

If not I think the best solution would be to remove this view entirely and re-import the admin content. In my tests, new views created on this data source worked well.

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hey Nathan!

That's great.

As for your question - we never changed anything in that view (as far as I know)

Can you please emphasize on what do you mean exactly by removing the view and re import the admin content?

photo

Hi Dor,

You can download the admin audit content on the YF marketplace. It will provide you a yfx export file containing the YFMetaData data source connection, view, and the reports on top, so you can simply replace this dysfunctional view with a new copy.

https://portal.yellowfinbi.com/YFWebsite-Marketplace-77991

Navigate to prebuilt-content > Admin Audit

Let me know if this makes sense.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hey Nathan,

For some reason it doesn't let me login to the marketplace.

Do I need a special user for it that is different from the community?

photo

Hi Dor,

The portal password is typically different than the community. If you are unsure as to what this password is (this would probably be in the hands of people who deal with YF financially on your end), your best bet might be to get a hold of Annie or Drew who can help you obtain it/reset.

Nathan

photo

Thank you Nathan

Can you help me reach Annie or Drew ? (I don't know who they are :) )

photo

Hi Dor,

I'm stepping in for Nathan on this as he's currently out for the week. I've put in the request here, but if you know who your local Account Manager is they can work with you in assisting with your marketplace login.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo
photo

Hi Dor,

Closing this for now. If you have tried the new import and are still running into problems let me know.

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file