Can't Create Xero Data Source

Simon Barby shared this problem 6 years ago
Defect Fixed

Hi guys,

I've been attempting to setup the Xero connector against the Xero Demo company data but haven't had any luck.

Seems the "Go to Xero" button is broken on the Create Data Source page. Also seems the key is in the wrong format.

This might be just user error but if someone could check that would be great!

Thanks,

Simon Barby

Replies (11)

photo

Hi Simon,

Thank you for reaching out. The "Go to Xero" button seems to be working for me. It's possible popups are being blocked by your browser. It just links to a Login page for Xero, so if you're signed in the rest would work if it were working. Regarding the key, you are correct that is not in the right format. I actually created a Defect for this less than 2 days ago and we are awaiting updates on this. I've added you to the client list of clients looking for this to be addressed. Hopefully we'll see action on this soon.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Okay, please let me know once resolved.

Thanks,

Simon

photo

Hi Simon,

Will do.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Any update on this?

Thanks,

Simon

photo

Hi Simon,

Unfortunately, I haven't seen or heard anything on this yet. Sorry for the delay on this. I've reached out to the dev team for an update on this. Priority is set to High on this one, so someone should be looking at it.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Simon,

The devs have put together a new connector for testing, which should address this issue.

Can you try the attached connector, and also use the KEY attached in the .txt.

Note:The key needs to be copied in it’s entirety.

Essentially the problem was with the connector we shipped, has a key that is not being read correctly by Xero anymore, something about hidden characters/formats no longer being read.

So we haven't made a code change with the connector, just using a different key.

Please let us know how it all goes.

Regards,

David

Regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

We were able to get the connector setup, the data has been pulled down and the reports are working.

Thanks for this fixed on short notice!

Cheers,

Simon Barby

photo

Hi Simon,

That's great news. I'll go ahead and close this out then. Please don't hesitate to reach out with further questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mike

photo
photo

Hi guys,

Looks like the connector might be broken again. Whilst attempting to create a new datasource the plugin fails to connect.

java.lang.Exception: com.connectifier.xeroclient.XeroApiException: 401 response.

Tried with both an older copy and the latest copy of the Xero connector from the Yellowfin Marketplace. Also tried with 2 different Xero accounts.

Any chance you guys could take a look?

photo

Hi Simon,

Thanks for informing us. I've updated our internal task with these comments and requested an update from the dev team regarding this. A 401 error response from the Xero API seems to indicate something was changed from the Xero side, so I suspect this will require investigation from the dev team. I'll keep you posted with updates as soon as I have them.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Thanks Mike!

photo

Hi Simon,

You're welcome!

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Simon,

Attached is an updated public key. Please test and let me know how goes.

Regards, Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file