Drill down with Append Subquery

jim fuller shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

According to this post, drill down on Union SubQueries is not allowed. Is this true of Append SubQueries?

If it is available, can you forward an example?

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Jim,

I gave it a try and it seems OK to me. I've attached a short video of the test for you to see.

regards,

David

photo

Hi Dave,

But this is not possible in case the source for the second query is another view with the same hierarchy of filters, is it? It doesn't work for me =(

photo

Thank you Dave. It DOES work if I use the graphical query builder to create my view because the style of Append subquery of Basic can be selected. It DOES NOT work if I use a sql string to create my main view and use the same view to create my append subquery because only the Advanced style of Append subquery is available and not the Basic style.

Can you verify this on your end?

photo

Hi Jim,

yes I can verify that the Freehand SQL View only has the Advanced Subquery whereas the Drag and Drop View offers both the Basic and Advanced Subquery. Generally speaking, where it is possible we recommend to use the Drag and Drop View because it offers more features (and this rule-of-thumb also applies to reports as well).

Having said that, please be aware that you can still use the Advanced Subquery like a Basic Subquery, just choose the same Data Source as the Master Query and also the same view.

regards,

David

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file