Section Charts

Renato Marcello dos Reis shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi everyone!

I'm needing some help with section charts. What I'm trying to accomplish, is to create a dashboard with 3 different reports, each one with a separate chart and the same type of section who is "Year" (part of date). Is important to tell that the reports are filtered so the same year appear in all of then.

I just need to link the section selection, so when I put 2017 in one report, the other ones change to 2017 as well. I've tried a lot to do this, but coudn't find a way.

Can someone give me a light on it?

Thanks in advance!

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Renato,

Speaking generally, you can link reports on dashboard tabs by Filters, Data, Chart Brushing, Time Slider, Drill Down but not unfortunately Sections.

I imagine your scenario might be that you have some reports with Tabbed Sections on a dashboard tab and each tab represents a different year, and if you click the 2016 tab of one report then the other reports automatically change to the 2016 tab as well. If this is what you are talking about then I'm afraid this is not possible.

More information about linking on dashboards may be found at our wiki article about Analytic Setup, it also contains links to helpful videos about linking as well:

http://wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER74/Analytic+Setup

I hope this helps you with your reporting requirements, if there are any further questions please let us know.

regards,

David

You

photo

Thanks a Lot David.

Though I couldn't do what I wanted, it helped me a lot to understand better the links between reports.

photo

Hi Renato,

well I'm glad that I was able to be a little bit of help, but sorry that you can't do what you wanted to.

Please feel free to raise an Idea in this Yellowfin Community to ask for the functionality to be able to link reports by sections, (it sounds like a good idea to me)!

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file