Yellowfin JDBC mongodb driver problems

Rory Miller shared this problem 6 years ago
Resolved

Hi,

i have successfully added the jdbc driver so i can use my collections on mongodb in yellowfin but my problem is whenever i add a new data base to my server the data source doesn't seem to update to add this. The only way i have been successful in getting new collections added was to create a new datasource but change/add the schema directory in the connection string

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Rory,

While I am not familiar with all of the intricacies of MongoDB, Yellowfin can only handle one database per data source connection. So each new database you add, you must create a new data source connection with that database in the connection string. The tables within the database should be available immediately, there is no requirement to create a new data source connection when simply adding tables to a database.

Thanks!

Tom

photo

Hi Tom,

i am only currently using one database on my data source connection. My issue is when i update a collection on mongdb it isn't updated on yellowfin. If i delete the <somename>.mongodb.native file though and click on the data source i am using in admin console it will recreate this file with the update made. Sometimes i have to restart yellowfin to achieve this

photo
photo

Thank you for the clarification Rory. What you are describing sounds like a bug, but I will need to replicate this in order to confirm that. I should be able to let you know either way within the next couple of days here!

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Rory,

A quick update here, I have run into problems getting my MongoDb going to replicate on. Hopefully I will have this going by the end of the day, but if not I will get something to you early next week. Sorry for the delay on this one.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Rory,

What is the connection string and driver you are using for this?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

mongo jdbc driver and my connection string is just to my localhost and default port and a random directory schema to store files on. don't need the schema but in order to refresh my data i need to delete a certain file in that directory

photo

Hi Rory,

Unfortunately I am still having difficulty establishing a data source connection to my MongoDB, can you please link the exact driver that you downloaded?

My apologies on the delays here.

Regards,

Nathan

photo
photo

Hi Rory,

Thank you for your patience here. I was able to replicate this issue and have raised a defect ticket to address it. (#6285) Unfortunately I was not able to come up with a good work around for this that does not involve editing the configuration database.

I will keep you up to date on the status of this ticket, but please let me know if there is anything I can help with in the meantime.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

its no problem. keep me updated on the progress of this defect

photo

Hi Nathan,

I believe we are experiencing the same problem, was this problem ever resolved?

Regards,

Pierre

photo

Hi Pierre,

Unfortunately this is still waiting for dev action. I will make a note that you are also experiencing this, but I cannot guarantee this will get fixed within the next few builds.

Are you able to get this working with Rory's suggested work around?

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Yes, Rory's workaround does indeed work, will use that for the time being.

Pierre

photo

Good to hear. Will update this ticket once the devs get a chance to take a look.

photo
photo

Hi All,

This is not actually a defect. The ODBC and JDBC drivers for mongo DB need to create a schema map in order to access the data through SQL. This schema map will not update unless you tell it to. To update the schema map run this query:

REFRESH MAP
In Yellowfin, you can do this by typing this into a virtual table and validating the query. It will return a "no result set error" but the map will update, and once you reload the page, the collections will be available for selection.

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file