Drill down failing when joining different views

Siim Neljandik shared this idea 6 years ago
Idea Logged

I have created identical drill downs on two views. When I join on the top field of the drill down the report works correctly, but when I try to drill down, the sub query doesn't return any data. When I try the same thing with a single view, everything is working correctly.

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Siim,

I think I understand the scenario you have described, however, just to be sure could you please have a look at the video I have attached and then let me know whether my understanding is correct. And of course, if it isn't correct then could you please give further detail to clear up the misunderstanding.

thanks,

David

photo

Hello,

Yes, that is exactly the problem.

All the best,

Siim N

photo

Hi Siim,

thanks for watching the video and confirming. I wasn't sure at first if this should be considered a defect or whether joining Subqueries on a Drill Down column is simply beyond the scope of what the Advanced Subquery was intended to be able to do, in which case it should actually be raised as an Enhancement Request. However, upon further consideration, given the fact that if you set the View of the Advanced Subquery to be the same View as that of the Master Query then there is no issue, this then leads me to believe that it is more of a defect. So I have raised product defect YFN-10470 so that it gets fixed.

Thanks for alerting us to this issue and apologies for the inconvenience caused by it.

As far as a workaround goes, I thought I would be able to find one for you by using the Composite View feature, however, so far it isn't working for me, perhaps if you're game you might like to give it a try yourself?

regards,

David

photo

Hi Siim,

After some investigation, what you're facing is actually is expected behavior.

So what we've done is converted this to an enhancement request to be looked into for later releases.

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file