Allow multiple csv import in transformation flow

Gawie Herbst shared this idea 6 years ago
Not Planned

It would be nice if the current CSV import could also do a bulk import of csv files, specified with an asterisk

eg:

sales*(.csv)

Replies (14)

photo

Hi Gawie,

what a great idea! And I liked it so much that I have raised an internal enhancement request for it (YFN-9327).

I'm assuming you are thinking of a scenario where you've got a folder full of incremental backups, Sales_20170101.csv, Sales_20170102.csv, Sales_20170103.csv etc.. Is that right?

regards,

David

photo

Hi Dave,

Correct, this would allow you to import all the current incremental files as well as future files without editing or changing the transformation flow - provided that the layout of the files is the same.

Thank you for raising a request.

Regards,

gawie_herbst

linkedin_2016

yellowfin_logo_2017

progress_partner_logo_2017

aigs_logo_2017

Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2017 5:24 AM

To: Gawie Herbst <gawieh@aigs.co.za>

Subject: New Comment in "Allow multiple csv import in transformation flow"

photo

Hi Gawie,

yes indeed, it makes perfect sense.

Thanks very much for your input!

regards,

David

photo

Hi Gawie,

just letting you know for tracking purposes that the enhancement request ID for this has been changed to YFN-9032 and its priority increased to HIGH.

regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

That is great news! Thank you for letting me know.

Regards,

Gawie

On 06 Apr 2018, at 08:30, Yellowfin Support <support@yellowfin.bi> wrote:

photo

Hi David,

I trust you are well!

Do you have any feedback on when this enhancement request will be implemented?

Regards,

Gawie

photo

Hey Gawie,

Hope you are well!

This Idea has now been assigned to me and I've checked the Jira ID and there is no current ETA for this enhancement :(

However, I will be sure to update you as soon as there is one!

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Thank you

On 30 May 2019, at 11:22, Support Queue <support@yellowfin.bi> wrote:

photo

I second this - I recently had to develop a solution outside Yellowfin (in SSIS) to achieve the above. It would be really great if this functionality could be added to YF.

photo

Hey Edgar,

Thanks for letting us know, this helps as the more clients that request something the higher of a priority it becomes! I will inform the devs about this :)

Thanks,

Lesley

photo

Hi,

I am just following up - do you have any feedback on when this enhancement request will be implemented?

Regards,

Gawie

photo

Hey Gawie,

I hope you are well!

I have just requested for an update from the developers regarding this - I will update you here once I get a response! I hope that is ok :)

Best Wishes,

Lesley

photo

Hi Lesley,

Thank you. I will wait for your feedback.

Regards,

Gawie

photo

Hey Gawie,

I hope you are well!

I have heard back from the Dev team and unfortunately, there are no current plans to implement this in the short to medium term. I am very sorry as I understand this is not the news you were hoping for!

I will have to mark this idea as 'Not Planned' as it is a public Idea and the status will need to be visible for others - however, if you have any thoughts on this, don't hesitate to let me know!

Best Wishes,

Lesley

Leave a Comment

Attach a file