Broadcast tasks fail due to connection closed - Urgent

YangyangCai shared this problem 6 years ago
Resolved

Hi Team,

Hope you are having a good day today.

One of our client setup up a five broadcast tasks for one report which would send weekly on Monday around 8am.

The issue some of the tasks return error due to the conneciton closed.

The following task has the issue and this report runs for 22 seconds.

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

The configuration for our YF DB is:

And the configuration for our Source DB is:

/AAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA==

We use MySQL DB, and 7.2 YF (20160727-autoit).

I have attached you the recent log as well.

Could you please advise us how to address this issue?

Regards,

Nancy

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Nancy,

yes it is a good day thank you - I hope you too are having a similarly good day.

The relevant error in the log file is:

YF:2017-11-27 11:30:30:ERROR (DBAction:C) - Error occured creating DB Statement: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: No operations allowed after connection closed.
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: No operations allowed after connection closed.
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor264.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:411)
	at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.getInstance(Util.java:386)

which indicates that it was the MySQL database itself that closed the connection to the MySQL driver. If you search on the internet for that exception:

com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: No operations allowed after connection closed.

you will find lots of helpful information on how to configure your MySQL database better so it doesn't shut you out.

We have found in the past that

• If you are running long running queries which result in that time out error, you might want to increase the net_write_timeout value to a larger value (default value is 60 seconds, maybe try 1800).

• These are MySQL database parameter changes – you might want to contact your db admin to make these changes.

As well as reconfiguring your MySQL database, there is something you can try on the Yellowfin side as well.

• There is a feature called "Volatile Sources" you can turn on within Yellowfin to help “re-try” connections a bit more frequently if you know the data source is volatile. Refer to this page for inserting the 3 configuration into the Yellowfin database:

Hope that helps, please let us know how it goes!

regards,

David

photo

Hi Nancy,

I hope you are having a nice day!

I'm cleaning up my work list and I noticed this ticket is still in the "Awaiting Reply" mode, so I'm just wondering how you got on with it?

regards,

David

photo

Hi Nancy,

there has been no response to my previous post to you 6 weeks ago so this ticket will be closed now.

However, if you ever want to reopen it, then all you have to do is to add a new post to it and that will automatically change the ticket's status to "In Progress" which in turn will place it back again in our work queue.

regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file