Conditional Icons for Dashboard Content

Rand Cufley shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

We are looking for easiest practice way to put a conditional icon on a dashboard. Basically a green, yellow or red stoplight icon to be displayed next to a numeric KPI. Seems like we are missing an obvious workflow for this. At this point, we've created reports with conditional icons and put the report in the dashboard, but this is not as flexible for positioning as it would be if we could use a chart canvas.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rand Cufleyrandcufley@randcufley.com

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Rand,

I believe you've already found the best way to accomplish this. I can totally see how the possibility of their not being enough flexibility re: positioning to make it appear exactly as you want, however, there is some pretty good news in that regard. We're doing a complete redesign of dashboards with version 8, which is tentatively coming out this summer. The dashboard's are going to have a setup/flexibility similar to the multi-chart canvas, so there should be a lot more flexibility. Pretty much exactly what you're asking for here, it seems. Hopefully that will be something to look forward to come then, but for now, I think your current method is really the only way of accomplishing this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Thanks, Mike.

Got it - that is pretty much what we expected for currently functionality.

Dashboard canvas sounds great, we are looking forward to Version 8.

Regards,

Rand

photo

Hi Rand,

Excellent. I'll go ahead and mark this Answered then. Please don't hesitate to reach out with further questions or concerns.

Regards,Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file