How to get column usage report in ver 7.3?

Mohammad Rehman shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

I have two version 7.1 and 7.3 (BMC call it Smart Reporting), in ver 7.1 i can see the column usage on edit view and on available fields clicking on the field it shows properties and one them is usage.

Usage displays the field used in reports, so before deleting the field we can make sure which reports are using the field.

But in ver 7.3 the user interface changed and as per documentation clicking on the profile will display the field usage but on available field when i click on elipse ... button and click on profile it does not return anything.

see the screenshots from both versions.

How can we see the field usage in reports in version 7.3?

BMC responded back YellowFin stop supporting this, which does not make sense and i want to hear the YelowFin version.

Regards

Mohammad Rehman

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Mohammad,

This menu has been moved to the data profiling break-down for that column:766fd76f897eef103cf113334aa5cc5d

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

On Prepare Tab of the edit view when i click the field menu, i see option profile ( which is data profile, see screen shot below heading). It shows No Data returned. Profiling not available.

I am wondering, is there option on the data source to check to display the usage of the field?

Thanks

Mohammad

photo

Hi Mohammad,

Sorry forgot to mention that there was a bug in this in the initial 7.3 releases. Since you are using smart reporting it will not be possible to get this feature until BMC upgrades their version of Yellowfin.

Regards,

Nathan

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file