Role Permission For Email Template

Paul Dowling shared this idea 6 years ago
Idea Logged

We would like to have the option os turning on/off the option of "Email Template" within the Admin Menu...

We are thinking of having this option through Role Permissions so we can only allow certain roles access?

This will be beneficial when limiting controls for our Client Organisations.

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Paul,

Thank you for reaching out and submitting your idea. Unless I'm misunderstanding, it seems that what you're asking for is already possible. The e-mail template is only going to be used when broadcasting via e-mail, so if the corresponding Role doesn't have access to broadcasts, then the e-mail template is basically already turned off as the feature would be irrelevant for that Role. Please let me know if I'm missing something.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Sorry to original post wasnt very clear.

We currently have multiple client organisations set up and we would like them each to be able to configure their own email templates.

However currently I cant give them access to just the Email Template option in the admin console.

In order to give them access to the Email Template configuration I have to give them access to other config items that I dont want them to edit.

This leaves me a bit stuck and so I was hoping you guys could work some magic

photo

Hi Paul,

I understand now. So essentially the request would be for be for Email Templates to have separate, standalone permissions. I've gone ahead and submitted this as an enhancement request. Any potential updates regarding this matter will be posted here.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Thats great Thanks Mike

photo

Hi Paul,

You're welcome.

Regards,

Mike

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file