Decrease space between reports on Dashboard

YangyangCai shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Hi Team,

Hope you are having a good day today.

One of our client wants to decrease the space between reports on the dashboard, because they put their whole tab on the screen to show real-time monitoring data.

Unfortunately, I am unable to find out the global setup in configuration and content setting for this request,

It would be appreciated if you could please advise us how to do this setup.

/JHqGXS+yt4QAAAAASUVORK5CYIIA

Regards,

Nancy

Best Answer
photo

Hi Nancy,

again I have found that it is all possible by using custom css but you must use the correct elements.

For Request 1 you must use .reportTableContainer NOT reportContainer.

You can control the height in that element so that you can remove the blank row at the bottom of the report.

However, this will cause a scrollbar to appear on the right of the report. You can then hide the scrollbar by setting the "overflow" parameter of reportTableContainer to "hidden"

Here is the BEFORE image:

and here is the AFTER image:

In other words, all of the issues that you said are not working, are in fact, working correctly.

If you have any more problems with custom CSS then I suggest you can hire one of our consultants to do the styling for you because unfortunately I don't have the time to work out every little bit of custom styling you want to do. I hope you can understand that.

regards,

David

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Nancy,

I am having a good day thank you, I hope you are too!

The way to reduce your client's space is not via the global setup and content setting, instead, you must do it via a Custom CSS.

Our wiki explains how to do this on the following page:

http://wiki.yellowfin.com.au/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=8585995#CustomImages&CSS-CSS

However, to try and save you a bit of time I have found the 2 important points for you.

The web page element that you want to change is called .dashboardPortletSpace, and you will find the original style settings for it in the file called "<YF home>\appserver\webapps\ROOT\css\dashboard.css"

You will see that the default height is 20px, so if you change it to 1px that decreases the space a lot. Don't forget to follow the 4 steps at the bottom of the above wiki page.

Hopefully that is enough info to get you through, however, if you encounter any issues or have further questions please don't hesitate to let us know.

regards,

David

photo

Hi Nancy,

just checking with you if it's OK to close this Question? (if you don't respond within a week then it will be closed)

regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

I am sorry for late reply, the setup did not work.

Much appreciate if you could re-open this ticket and advise us how to decrease the space between reports on dashboard.

Regards,

Nancy

photo

Hi Nancy,

Don't worry about the status of the ticket, tickets automatically re-open when you add a new post just as you have done.

Regarding how to decrease the space between the reports on a dashboard, my advice to you is still the same as it was one year ago.

And I have double-checked that the web page element I gave you was correct, and it definitely is. I have attached a short video that demonstrates this.

I have also attached a css file that will increase the dashboardPortletSpace to 200 px. Just place it in your customcss folder and restart Yellowfin.

You will see the space increase a lot like in the below image:

/AcQZtj9+OVVzAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA==

Then once you are convinced that this custom css works, then you can decrease the 200 px down to 0 px and that will be the minimum height.

Please let me know how this goes.

regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.

I have put more details regarding to this request, which is as follows:

1. Setup each report trim to not show the extra space after last row

/+YggPXCKAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA==

2. Setup div.dashbaordreportpadding as 0 height (No space between reports)

/HwNohe9AvggBAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA==

3. No Side bar will show up.

/A7AADIyf8DU1N+pozqgQQAAAAASUVORK5CYIIA

I will do one testing regarding the .dashboardPortleSpace.css, could you please help me about the request 1 & 3?

Regards,

Nancy

photo

Hi Nancy,

again I have found that it is all possible by using custom css but you must use the correct elements.

For Request 1 you must use .reportTableContainer NOT reportContainer.

You can control the height in that element so that you can remove the blank row at the bottom of the report.

However, this will cause a scrollbar to appear on the right of the report. You can then hide the scrollbar by setting the "overflow" parameter of reportTableContainer to "hidden"

Here is the BEFORE image:

and here is the AFTER image:

In other words, all of the issues that you said are not working, are in fact, working correctly.

If you have any more problems with custom CSS then I suggest you can hire one of our consultants to do the styling for you because unfortunately I don't have the time to work out every little bit of custom styling you want to do. I hope you can understand that.

regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

Thanks for your effort, I will test the elements you mentioned above.

Currently, we do not have too many requests regarding to the customize css, only the above three.

I will contact our account manager Tim, if we need more help.

Regards,

Nancy

photo

OK, I hope you can make it work.

regards,

David

photo

Hi Nancy,

just wondering how you got on with this, and whether you would like the ticket closed or not?

regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

Thanks for your assistance. You could close this ticket, we used CSS DIV ID to find a solution for this.

And in terms of Google Connection Issue (Ticket ID 9112-05-27: https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/could-not-connect-to-google-db-source-urgent), Mahe said you reported this issue to developer as well on this Tuesday (12/06/2018) because developer could not replicate my issue even Mahe replicated the issue on the web session with me on (5/06/2018). Our team currently are very frustrated because this issue is pending for 2 weeks.

Much appreciate if you could contact with me for recent progress (My Phone No. is 0451919624) when you are free or just email me for recent progress, we are not rush for solution but we need timeline to communicate with our client, just want to know the current stage developer team are on.

If the developer team could not replicate the issue, I am happy to have a web session with them, just need one staff could give us a reply.

Thanks,

Nancy

photo
photo

Hi Nancy,

I'm sorry but I have already advised you how to decrease the space between the reports on the dashboard and I don't see that it would be of any benefit for me to repeat the instructions all over again, so what I can offer now is that someone from our professional services team could work with you on this. Please let me know whether you would like this and I'll contact your account manager to go about organising it.

regards,

David

photo

Hi David,

I think you misunderstood my request? This ticket could be closed.

I am asking for the progress for another ticket: Google Connection Issue (Ticket ID 9112-05-27: https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/could-not-connect-to-google-db-source-urgent),

Thanks,

Nancy

photo
photo

A thousand apologies Nancy! Yes indeed I did misunderstand your request. Thanks for letting me know!

Regarding the other ticket, I can see that David R and Mahe are dealing with it.

regards,

David

photo

Thanks David, Oh, did not know it was David R. I thought it was you because you have strong backend knowledge.

Thanks for your reply, I will follow up with David R. :D

photo

you're welcome Nancy.

But please do not think of me as a backend man!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file