File name for broadcast csv files

PeterLalor shared this problem 6 years ago
Defect Fixed

It seems that the default file name for CSV files we generate in broadcast emails has been changed in the Feb 7.4 release. Prior to this release the file names used to include the date that the file was generated appended to the report name. Following this release the file name is just the report name. Was this a deliberate change? Is it possible to change the configuration of YF so that it behaves as it has for the past year or more? This change causes us backward compatibility issues with other business processes. It would be nice to have a heads up on these kinds of changes....or perhaps I missed it?

Replies (22)

photo

Hi Peter,

There should now be a checkbox to specify whether this is included, which apparently is set to "NO" by default.

b55451a3fb380ccaa79d89aa9db9adaf

Let me know if this works for you. If you have more than 10 broadcasts with this setting, let me know and we can probably toggle this with back-end queries.

Nathan

photo

hi Nathan,

sorry for the delay in responding. I dont see this option anywhere in the broadcast dialog box. Can you help any further?

Regards,

Peter Lalor

CEO

phone  0401 716 194

email  plalor@moneybrilliant.com.au

web  www.moneybrilliant.com.au

logo_email

Note: The information transmitted in this message is intended only for the person or entity to whom (or which) it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

On 22 February 2018 at 05:15, Yellowfin Support <support@yellowfin.bi> wrote:

photo

Further to that Dan, it doesnt seem that I can add new broadcast options to existing reports. Is there a reason for this? It seems to work OK for newly created reports (despite not seeing the Append Broadcast Date option as per my previous email).

Final question for the time being, why set the default for appending broadcast date to off when for as long as I can remember this has always been the behaviour of Yellowfin. For me this shows a lack of regard to your existing long term customers and is frankly, very frustrating and disappointing.

Regards,

Peter Lalor

CEO

phone  0401 716 194

logo_email

Note: The information transmitted in this message is intended only for the person or entity to whom (or which) it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

On 22 February 2018 at 05:15, Yellowfin Support <support@yellowfin.bi> wrote:

photo

Hi guys, can I please have a response to this and some help to sort it out? Since upgrading to 7.4 (we are now on the very latest release) we cant seem to add new personal broadcast subscriptions to existing reports and we have hundreds of reports that users are expecting to have dates appended in the broadcast CSV files that now dont. And we cant find the "append date" setting anywhere. Our users are losing patience....

photo

Hi Peter,

Sorry I have been in a call all morning. Can we have a call on this at around 12pm MST?

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the clarification, this setting is only available to standard broadcasts, not to personal broadcasts.

However, this should be available to both so I have raised a defect to address this:

As an immediate work around I would suggest employing a standard broadcast if that is possible.

Regarding the "not able to create new personal broadcasts"...what version/build did you upgrade from? If I am able to replicate this I expect there is a back-end query we can use to make this possible again.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan, unfortunately for some reason we cant set a standard broadcast - Im not sure when this option stopped working - we dont tend to use it and have traditionally used personal broadcasts to meet our needs. Sounds like we need to have this problem fixed whilst we wait for the append broadcast date option to be added to personal broadcasts. How do you want to proceed?

photo

Nathan we are now running the version from the 20180226 dated update jar. We upgraded most immediately from 20180208 and before that 20180104. Hope that helps

photo

Hi Peter,

Do you have a few minutes to show me this?

Nathan

photo

sure do. Id love to get it fixed!

photo

Hi Peter,

You can join the link below whenever you are ready

Nathan

photo

Hi Peter,

Can you send me a full copy of your user role page? I still think the reason why you cannot create standard broadcasts is a role thing.

Go to "roles"->your user's role->right click and save page as html

BTW defect ID: #10121

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

here you go.

Regards,

Peter Lalor

CEO

phone  0401 716 194

logo_email

On 6 March 2018 at 03:24, Yellowfin Support <support@yellowfin.bi> wrote:

photo

Thanks Peter,

Oddly, this all looks as it is supposed to..I am a bit stumped so am going to have to start diving into the details of how exactly this list is generated in the first place. I should have time to do this this afternoon (your morning). I will keep you up to date on anything I find.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Peter,

I dug more into the code, and it is looking like this is an odd bug specific to your instance, as we have confirmed that all of the settings are what they are supposed to be.

If you are interested in getting this resolved (the primary bug is still logged), the best next step will be for me to obtain a replication of your environment. Please let me know if you are interested in this and I can provide you more information and access to our FTP server.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hi Peter,

Closing this for now, but please let me know if you would like to go the full replication route.

Nathan

photo

Hi Nathan,

Im not sure what you mean by the full replication route.....and as far as Im aware this issue isnt resolved (or is the issue we have with only being able to send personal broadcasts).

Regards,

Peter Lalor

CEO

phone  0401 716 194

logo_email

On 3 April 2018 at 07:21, Yellowfin Support <support@yellowfin.bi> wrote:

photo

Hi Peter,

Did you get my last message?

"If you are interested in getting this resolved (the primary bug is still logged), the best next step will be for me to obtain a replication of your environment. Please let me know if you are interested in this and I can provide you more information and access to our FTP server."

It is worth noting though that the original Jira task "add append date button to personal broadcasts" looks like it is just now going to testing, so there is a good chance this will be in the May build.

Nathan

photo

Sorry to clarify,

By full replication I mean a dump/backup file of your configuration database.

This will allow me to restore a copy of your instance in my environment and figure out exactly what is going wrong.

Nathan

photo

Hi Peter,

The append to date button is finished and in the 7.4.6 due to be released in the next couple weeks.

Nathan

photo

Thanks for the update Nathan.

Regards,

Peter Lalor

CEO

phone  0401 716 194

logo_email

On 8 June 2018 at 04:58, Yellowfin Support <support@yellowfin.bi> wrote:

Leave a Comment

Attach a file