How do I customize report schedule.

Akshay shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I have a requirement to run report schedule only during business days. Schedule should not run on business holidays and weekends.

Is there a possiblity to modify existing code like schedule record function(getFrequencyTypeCode()) and add a new code.

Let me know how that can be done

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Akshay,

Depending on what schedule you are referring to, weekdays should be an option. This will not exclude holidays as these are regionally dependent

8bc2543851f854d267415323179614b2

Anything beyond this will require an enhancement request.

Let me know your thoughts.

Nathan

photo

Thanks for the reply.

I am aware about scheduling on weekdays. I am specifically looking for not scheduling on business holidays.

Something similar to SLA's(configuring Business Holidays).

I understand it is something that will be an enhancement. I would like to have this as an enhancement if possible in future versions.

Also, I was going through Advanced functions. Is there any possible way to create custom functions for filters.

photo

Hi Akshay,

I do think that some configuration would be valuable here. However we need to link enhancements to current customers, are you currently evaluating Yellowfin?

Regarding custom functions for filters, the closest thing here you can do is to either create a calculated field and use that as a filter, or create a freehand SQL filter.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Thanks that helps. Will look more into Calculated fields.

I am just looking into Smart Reports by BMC. I see they have many underlying customization done over yellowfin so was wondering if these are possible from user end.

photo

Sounds good!

Nathan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file