Is it possible to show whole content from Right to Left in Yellowfin?

Pratap Singh shared this idea 6 years ago
Not Planned

HI,

Can we create reports in yellowfin in the Arabic Language, Besides the text, the whole content will be RTL (Right to Left).

Regards

Pratap

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Pratap,

This is not currently possible in Yellowfin. What I could do is change this to an Idea ticket and see if it gets some votes in our Community for consideration for future development, but from my understanding, while right-to-left charts for example, are rule of thumb in the Arabic-speaking world, many Arabic speakers are still comfortable with a left-to-right chart orientation, but like I said we can leave it as an Idea and see what kind of feedback we get. Let me know what you think.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike ,

Thanks for the revert, there are a lot of our clients who want such functionality in reports as well as in interface, it will be good if you consider this as Idea.

Regards

Pratap

photo

Hi Pratap,

No problem. I've gone ahead and moved this to an Idea item and I'll keep an eye on it over the next few weeks.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Thanks Mike.

photo

Hi Pratap,

You are welcome.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Pratap,

I'm just closing this out out due to inactivity for tracking/internal reporting purposes, but users can still vote on this if they wish for potential future consideration.

Regards,

Mike

photo
photo

Hi Mike,

May I know the status of this Idea ?

Regards

Pratiksha

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

Thanks for reaching out. This hasn’t been considered further due to lack of interest here in the Community. As you can see, there is currently only one vote (which is the default value). As far as we’re aware, you are the second user to express interest in this Idea. Nevertheless, perhaps the biggest factor here is that technically translation content is possible and can be done manually. This functionality was designed for just this reason - to give users the ability to see content in any language even if it requires some manual work. In addition, charts can be created manually and/or via JS charts, and in the case of Dashboards in version 9, Code Mode, to allow for right to left orientation. These options would still be the recommended method at this time.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the response.

I have received the same request from Client and they are using Hebrew Locale ( Language). Just wanted to know whether YF support this or not?

Regards

Pratiksha

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

Thank for your response. I am certain it is possible to display text in Hebrew as we have clients and client users who do this. I presume this is mostly accomplished via Content Translation in YF, as well as relying on Browser language settings and translations, which would be the case for most languages. Here is our Content Translation Wiki entry for further context and information: using content translation.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Where can I fin the idea details which is raised for this request ?Is there any ID?

Regards

Pratiksha

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

Thanks for your response. There is no other public facing idea for this, but due to the double-request here, I’ve gone ahead and submitted an internal enhancement request to the Product Team to allow for right-to-left text and content for further consideration. Any potential updates regarding this will be posted here.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

May I know the status of this Idea?

Regards

photo

Hi Mostafa,

I hope all is well,

As per Mike's updates this is something that can be explored with by navigating to Content Translation and Content Fonts. In addition to this I can see that this Idea ticket was marked as Not Planned.

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your message. It's important for users in languages like Persian, Arabic, and Hebrew not only to see the content in these languages but also to view the entire web page in RTL (Right-to-Left) format. To achieve this, the design of the entire YellowfinBI webpage should be RTL-oriented. For instance, the filter selection column should be on the right side instead of the left, and the content within tables should be right-aligned. Additionally, there should be the capability to translate all program menus.

Keep in mind that a standout feature of YellowfinBI is its seamless integration with other applications, which distinguishes it from competitors. In our case, the main application (e.g., ERP) is RTL-oriented, but when displaying the BI, it appears in LTR (Left-to-Right) format, which is not ideal from a user experience perspective.

I trust that my explanations have been lucid, and if there are any further inquiries within this domain, I would be pleased to provide responses.

With appreciation.

photo

Hi Mostafa,

I can understand your frustrations with this, however with regards to the language of Arabic itself, we do have this option via Content Translation and the Content Fonts, with "charts can be created manually and/or via JS charts, and in the case of Dashboards in version 9, Code Mode, to allow for right to left orientation." However, focussing on an out of box UI view with right to left is something that needs to be explored further.

Going forward Mostafa, I would be more than happy to have this raised with your CSM/Account Manager. Can you inform me of who your contact is at Yellowfin, along with the company/client you are coming from.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mostafa,

I hope all is well,

I know it's only been 25 hours since my last response however, I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read through my previous message. If you can get back to me that would be great.

Regards,

Mark

photo
photo

Hello Mark McGuire,

I hope this message finds you well. In response to your inquiry, I would like to inform you that I am the official partner of Vienna Advantage Company and currently engaged in working on the BI tools of the company.

Best regards,

Mostafa

photo

Hi Mostafa,

Thank you for getting back and letting me know that you are an official partner of Vienna Advantage.

What next?

I will discuss this further with Pratap Singh (original ticket creator), with this it will most likely be that we raise this with our development team to see what options we have. I hope this is ok.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mostafa,

I hope all is well,

Just to let you know I have yet to get feedback from Pratap, although I do know that our CSM have a scheduled call with Vienna in the coming weeks. I will make the CSM team aware of this request with having the option of Right to Left, specifically for Arabic Language.

If you can let me know your thoughts on this, that would be great.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Any update?

photo

Hi Mostafa,

I hope all is well,

No updates as of yet, although I have made the wider team (CSM) aware.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi All,

I have since discussed this with the wider team along, of which this has now been marked as 'Not Planned'.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file