Duplicate data on rows in cross tab report - Relates to Suppress Duplicates

Mark McGuire shared this idea 7 years ago
Completed

Looking to have the option of having duplicate data on rows in cross tab reports.

The option to have this is not available within cross tab reports, although we do have this option as well as suppressing duplicates for reports without cross tabs. See below for examples of this:

Report without cross tab

736f2ca7ea13738b9468b8c92478ad10

We also have the option to turn "Suppress Duplicates" to "On" of which shows the below results;

2a6bd49742bc742aee259d8c2c9f9061

3e27f07bcb114ecfbda9e4b4e2553bf6

Report with cross tab

For this report we only have the below option available;

dbe1ce41b5a51f385edbcd463436c219

Regards,

Mark

Replies (17)

photo

Hi,

I wanted to know if this idea received Dev assignment?

Thanks,

Tal

photo

Hi Tal,

I hope all is well,

I will have this questioned to see where we stand with this. I will update you as soon as I have news. I hope this is ok.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hey Mark

Any updates ?

photo

I just got the same request from a customer...any news?

photo

Hi Ingo,

I hope all is well,

I have been speaking to Dave A (Big Dave) and he believes this could be a straight forward task, although as of now this still currently stands within our Idea section... I'll reach out to those above me and request this to be pushed as this is still an issue.

I hope this is ok Ingo. Let me know how you feel about this. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

I'll ask the customer how important that is to him....I just wanted to let you guys know that there is more interest in the feature and get an updated status.

Regards,

Ingo

photo

Hi Ingo,

I understand. Let me know then I can take action.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Ingo,

I hope all is well,

I just want to touch base to see if you managed to get in touch with your customers. If you can let me know I would appreciate this greatly.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Marc,

Did not manage due to Easter etc. I have a call with him tomorrow and I’ll try to remember to ask him.

Cheers,

Ingo

Von: Yellowfin Support <support@yellowfin.bi>

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 4. April 2018 15:21

An: Ingo Klose <Ingo.Klose@incuda.com>

Betreff: New Comment in "Duplicate data on rows in cross tab report - Relates to Suppress Duplicates"

photo

Hi Ingo,

Thank you very much, I will await your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

It is not super critical but they really would like to have the feature back...appearantly it was available in 7.1.

So it would be great if we get it to the DEV-team.

Cheers,

Ingo

photo

Hi Tal and Ingo,

With the demand of this to be a feature within YF. I have gone ahead and converted this to an Enhancement. We can track this with the ID of YFN-10453.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Was this ever completed? I can't seem to find the option (in YF 7.2)

photo

Hi Aaron,

I hope all is well,

I have just looked this up within our tracking system and unfortunately this has not been looked at as of yet. With this I will then add your name to the list, so that we can hope for a push for this to be released in an upcoming build. I hope this is ok and I look forward t your feedback on this.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

We use Yellowfin version 7.4.7.

We have built many reports on Cross tab layout, we have difficult to repeat the values in each row, because we can't use the Excel option as some cells should be blank as per the data. So it would be great this one be in your priority list.

I have tried to add row number (as calculated field and advanced function is accumulative total) in the cross tab, but it didn't worked. In our many reports don't have fields which has unique values for each row.

I tried to combine columns with advanced function, but i can combine only two columns. In our reports combining two column won't create unique values.

Could you please advice is there any other work around to achieve this until this is fixed by Yellowfin? Is possible to create row number in Cross tab report?

Regards,

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

Unfortunately we have no further options with this. However as this has also been brought to attention by another customer (you), I will leave notes in the idea to help this get pushed up the list. I hope this is ok and please feel free to bug me anytime about this.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi All,

I have since tested this in 9.10.0 and from what I can see this is now an option that is available.

ffa477d45f52cb8d580078199d0717b3

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file