Requirements to enable Dashboard Series Selection tab?

Alex Young shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Currently the Dashboard Series Selection tab, used to create relationships between multiple reports on a single standard tab, does not appear to be enabled by default as an option to users while in Dashboard creation mode.

The Yellowfin Wiki does not appear to reference the requirements to have this tab available and the tab is not reference in the Admin Console's role configuration settings.

Are there specific preconditions a user must meet in order to enable this tab as an accessible tab during the creation of a standard tab?

The Yellowfin wiki provides the following overview:

"Standard Tabs can be used if you wish to create relationships between multiple reports on a single tab. In a Series Selection Standard Tab you can link reports so that you are viewing the same selectable metric across all linked reports.

First set up a new Standard Tab. The reports used on the tab must:

• Have Series Slection charts
  • At least one of the charts must be restricted to a single metric view of Series Selection. For example, a pie chart, or time series panel selection"

These requirements have been met, but the tab still does not appear to be accessible? Can anyone provide any additional detail or information as to where we have failed to meet these preconditions?

Application Version: 7.4 Build: 20180208

Java Version: 1.8.0_111

Operating System: Linux 3.2.0-5-amd64 (amd64)

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Alex,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. Enabling Series Selection on a dashboard requires at least two Series Selection reports:

f7dc8f46400352b4bc0fbf6a227553f7

Based on your screenshot, it looks like you only have one Series Selection report added. Adding a second should enable the option. Can you confirm this?

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Alex,

I wanted to check in on this and see how things are going. If I don't hear back, I'll presume my reply effectively answered your inquiry.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Alex,

I haven't heard back for some time on this. I'm going to presume my reply has answered your question. Please don't hesitate to reach out with further questions or issues.

Thanks,

Ryan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file