Operand = Contains Filter Question

Vicky shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi,

In my report, there are filters A,B,C. A and C are using Equal - Drop down, B is using Contains - Textbox. B can be linked to A, but why C cannot be linked to B?

Thanks,

Vicky

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Vicky,

Thanks for reaching out. The chosen Operand's are not what's causing this to happen. I believe the answer here is that Parent links Entry style's cannot be of the Text Entry, Date Picker, or Numeric Filter types:

9c693ad034267ca86dfaf06bccd41059

You can click Link Parent on B, and choose A, because you are choosing a Parent filter with a valid drop down Entry style. You can't click Link Parent on C and choose B, because B is of the text box Entry style. But you could click Link Parent on B and choose C as its parent, since it's a drop down Entry style. If you want B to be C's parent, then a different Entry style would have to be chosen for B.

Hopefully this clears things up a bit.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

sorry for late reply. that makes sense, i will choose another entry style for B.

Thanks,

Vicky

photo

Hi Vicky,

That sounds good. Thank you for your response. I'll go ahead and close this one out then. If you have further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file